DIY Idle-eze?

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Anyone ever consider making an Idle-eze air bleed down the center of the carb body ala Speed Demon? Drill a hole, tap it for a screw in air bleed like from a bike fork? Instead of the common idle adjuster that throws the transfer slot out of whack or the destructive throttle blade holes. You could still run the air cleaner stud but would have to drill a few holes in the stud tower to feed the bleed. This would just be a controlled vacuum leak, right? No fuel.

anyone?
07-Idle-Eze-cutaway-300x200.jpg

That is a cool idea. It seems like it'd work and with a couple/few feeder holes it might be pretty easy to tune.

Actually surprised,no one has done an aftermarket Holley main body,with this....

you could put it IN the stud hole (drill it through to main casting well) if you ran a different style clamp on air cleaner or get tricky and run a hollow stud and put the bleed on top of the air cleaner, dial it in without taking the air cleaner off! I just saw another idea, just run an air bleed off a manifold vacuum line..that sounds too simple? Like off the side of a metering block or carb base plate?

Dellorto carbs have that per bore to balance flow. Also done on later model Solex 34 used on VW.

I use a pwm controlled air valve on my efi systems to control idle speed, the system also adds fuel with air.
Most carb with idle air screw, keep throttle only 1 fine thread turn from closed, so throttle blade does not contact bore. Bypass air is much better controlled for small amounts, vs throttle stop adjustment, that is very non linear as throttle opens.

-
Back