dizzy help needed asap....

-

dust-u

Reaction score
I need the fabo community help....I purchased a accel replacement dizzy for my 340..I installed it and the car will not fire...I checked about everything possible to make sure i did not miss anything..The car turns over nicely but not a sputter...dizzy was installed same as the old one ...no fire.....Installed the old dizzy....car fires immediately...do the accel units require anything special ? or is the dizzy i got defective...I am open to suggestions...the seller seems reluctant to return my cash...:spiderma:

What distributor is it? They make one that is self contained and one that requires an external box. The self contained one is a three wire hookup. Power, ground and (-) side of coil. The other one will plug into the two pin harness. In either case if you are sure it's wired correctly then I would say it's defective.

What distributor is it? They make one that is self contained and one that requires an external box. The self contained one is a three wire hookup. Power, ground and (-) side of coil. The other one will plug into the two pin harness. In either case if you are sure it's wired correctly then I would say it's defective.
Its an accel...and it is basically a direct replacement..its plug/play..2 wire..maybe i can take the pick-up out of my old one and replace it??

If you bought it from a private party, you are probably out of luck, but if you bought it from a store, I believe implied warranty laws require them to replace it if it is defective out of the box. You may not get your money back, but you should get a replacement part.

Check the reluctor gap using a brass feeler gauge. Should be .006~.010". If the gap is right the magnetic pickup is bad.

BTW: What ignition box do you have? Stock Mopar? MSD?

-
Back