Do I need a spacer for my carb?

-

cuda67

Reaction score
I really don't know if I need to add a spacer to my carb and intake combo. I have a M1 intake and a Street Avenger Holley 770 on a magnum 360.

Is it necessary to use a spacer? I reallly don't know. I had a small spacer on the 318 but I don't know if I need it now. Any help would be appreciated. :-?

Does the carb have interference with the intake in some way that a spacer would fix the issue?
Spacers are used to find a little extra power. 4 holes equal torque, open equals HP.

They also insulate the carb from from engine heat, reducing issues related to that.

Thank you all for the replies. I guess I will have to wait and see if the need shows itself. I was using a spacer on the 318 with a eddy performer because the carb was getting hot and boiling the gas. I haven't had that with the M1 and I was looking for the easy out of previous experience. I don't think I will have a heat issue or at least I hope not. Time will tell. Thank you all for your input. :cheers:

If carb percolation was an issue, then, the OE carb gasket is what you need. Edelbrock sell's a version or two for this issue. They are approx a .333 thick and solve the fuel boiling problem in most cases.

The Single plane M1 and like manifolds rarely have this problem.

-
Back