Do I need to re balance my motor?

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
Hey everyone question. So I got a new torque converter and it doesn't have the same bolt circle to bolt up to my old B&M flexplate. So I need a new flexplate to work with my new converter. Since this is on my 360 and is externally balanced do I need to re - balance my motor since I am changing flexplates? I sure as hell hope not lol. The converter I am using not weighted. Thanks!

I can't figure out what you have. This might be an LA / magnum issue, or a 727 / 904 issue. Or, maybe, a combination of both

As usual, "my" does not cover many details.........................

Is your old flexplate a B&M externally balanced flexplate for a 360? or does your old converter have weights on it...?

Is the new flexplate a B&M externally balanced flexplate for a 360...or does your new converter have weights on it..??????

many of the B&M flexplate have 2 bolt circles on them.....

The motor is a '77 LA 360 hooked up to a 727. My B&M flexplate has 3 bolt holes drilled out for it. Its part # 10236 with the 11.125inch bolt circle. I think I need the 10" bolt circle flexplate. My old converter had no weights on it, and the one I am putting in it does not have weights on it either. My old converter was a B&M 11" and my new converter is a 9.5"PTC. I guess my main question is, can I take off my old flexplate, buy the correct one and bolt it on? Since this is an external balance motor I think its not as easy as that and Im screwed and have to re-balance the motor with my new flexplate.

-
Back