Do Mopars with High Impact colors bring more money?

-

340demon72

Reaction score

1679844449934.png

Of course if they came that way originally. I suppose it could add value to a non high impact car if repainted in a high impact color and was done a good job.

Not from me. Never really liked them as much as pretty colors.

Last edited:
Would I pay more for a car because it originally came with it? No. Would I pay more for a car if it was the color I want and done well, hell yeah!

I bought mine in spite of the "high impact" color, because it was the car I wanted. Now that I've gotten used to it, I love it, and can't imagine it in a different color. The rarity doesn't hurt either. (69 rr, Bahama yellow/butterscotch)
Whether ot not the h.i. color helps or hurts depends on the buyer.

I sold a 69 Barracuda quite a few years ago. It was the Seafoam Turquoise, the paint was really faded, I told the kid that is was a fairly rare color and looked really pretty when it was fresh. He came by when he got the car done, Plum Crazy, it looked nice but to me the Hi Impact colors don't belong on a pre 70 car, there is also a 66 or 67 Charger around town painted that color also, it just don't look right. My 2 cents worth!

MoPars with Hemi’s brings more money than any impact color. Doesn’t matter what color it is.

I am not a fan of high impact colors on pre 70 cars. However, IMO, if done right, they can look good.

20210810_104325.jpg

And yes it worth more then if I had left it white...

20210810_194927.jpg

Last edited:
Of course if they came that way originally. I suppose it could add value to a non high impact car if repainted in a high impact color and was done a good job.
Unless, in my opinion, the high impact color is on a pre-70 car upon which the color was not an option. I am NOT saying ANYTHING against people with cars like that, I just like cars painted with a color that was available that year.
It's all in the eye of the beholder
Absolutely!!! If a person loves purple, a 66 Barracuda in purple will look really good to them.
depends on the buyer.
You beat me to it.
I sold a 69 Barracuda quite a few years ago. It was the Seafoam Turquoise, the paint was really faded, I told the kid that is was a fairly rare color and looked really pretty when it was fresh. He came by when he got the car done, Plum Crazy, it looked nice but to me the Hi Impact colors don't belong on a pre 70 car, there is also a 66 or 67 Charger around town painted that color also, it just don't look right. My 2 cents worth!
Agreed. I do not DISLIKE pre 70 Mopars painted in high impact colors, it just isn't my cup of tea.
And the dark green, we called that-cowshit green. I came from farm country.
Look deeply into my eyes and say, "F8 Dark Green is Beautiful, F8 Dark Green is Beautiful"
:lol::lol::lol:

I think the original color will bring the most money
If that color happened to be a high impact color, probablt

a good repaint in the original color may be even better if you ask me

i dont think a repaint in a different color would up the value much, specially if it is an overdone color like plumsickofitpurple

Not from me. Never really liked them as much as pretty colors.

Funny thing is, my all time favorite mopar color is EV5, butterscotch and who knew...its a high impact color

Which is wierd, because it is the ultimate old man's color for a car
Which is what I think a musclecar should be, nothing fancy, bench seat big motor

Everyone has their favorite color (s) and the ones they HATE!
After a guy ( or lady) has owned a few old cars, then maybe the desire for "arrest me red" evaporates!??
I love "sleeper" colors. I have had all the high impacts over the decades.
But, my wife tells me I am "strange' sometimes!!!!
No way!

-
Back