Do you ever go in the garage and like....stare at your car....for hours?

-
I sit & look at my bracket car for hours at a time. I keep wondering wondering what I can do next to make it faster. & more consistent. I've just about convinced myself (& the wife) that I need to build another stroker motor & a 904 with trans brake & RMV. It's been an up hill battle, but I think I'm getting close. LMAO

My fav place to have a cold beer

wax.jpg

The only view of my 67 notch that I truly enjoy for hours is looking down the hood, from inside looking out.

Yes I have, but since mine like others are still in progress, just sit back to imagine when they are both done sitting there, then I get back to work on the one so I can get it done soon, so I can get back to the other

Stare at it long enuff and you start to see the body lines of other models, my 67 cuda FB would start to look like a 66 mustang FB and sometimes a 69 Nova LOL. The Big 3 kinda borrowed lines from others to maybe snag a little of their market.

I stare long enough under the hood to get an idea....... then I go to tinkering....... :realcrazy:

Just welded some tabs on the dash so I can get it powder coated and install back in with having to remove it for the dash insert to come out due to nylon nuts on the back, no more just tapped threaded tabs now :)

I look at all my cars, for inspiration, motivation and ideas on what to do next! Currently working on this new car I just got! Put Rallyes on one side, Magnums on the other! I stare at it every time I go by it, trying to make a decision on which rims to use!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've been staring at mine for years now, just sitting there in the barn, collecting spider webs. One of these days, I hope.........

All I get to do is look at mine because I dont have time to fix it so I can drive it.
I'm in this rut also. I also find myself working on my truck, or her daily driver, or my daily driver, or one of the motorcycles. I always put a little time in on the Dart though, it is a "slow moving" restoration LOL!

I take a picture then Stare at the picture until i go insane with ideas. I like to sculpt the car i want in my mind, So hours of staring is a must.

You have your priorities straight with the garage LOL! It is kind of detached. Detatched is a requirement of mine for when I fire the car up after midnight. Don't do it much anymore but when I was younger, it wasn't uncommon to fire an engine up with open headers at 2 AM LOL! No really though nice place you have there, and nice Mopars too.

-
Back