Do you sleep easy knowing your jack is made in China?

-
Per Eric Simdt, CEO of Harbor Freight, the Daytona jack is built at the same factory with the same features as the Snap-On. Snap-On buys their jack from a distributor that buys the jack from the factory.

You see an awful lot of shops with Daytona jacks... and not just one, but several of them.

It's a moot point for me. My Sears jack that I bought about 1975 is still going strong.
I have the same jack from Sears. 3 ton served me very well.
Harbor Freight recalled their jack stands.

The Chinese are more than capable of making great quality anything, but why would they make great quality unless you paid for it? Think about it, would you make something good quality if you were not paid for it and the competition got paid more for the same product?
Just remember it is people like Kevin O'Leary from Dragon's Den who get things made overseas for as cheap as possible and sell it for as much as possible, you think your getting good quality because companies owned by the likes of Kevin O'Leary tell you its good, that's called marketing.
Now if you wanted to get your product made to equal or better standards by the Chinese you just have to pay for it. Yes it will still be cheaper because their labor is cheaper, Cheap labor doesn't mean it has to be poor quality.
So stop calling it cheap Chinese junk and start calling it what it is. Cheap *** company wanting to make as much profit as possible but not willing to pay the price for quality

-
Back