Do you think about it????

-

Lycandart

Reaction score
Do any of you ever think about just tradin it(all your projects)for just 1 good solid runner?

Ya and I also sit and think of what I would do with all the money if I won the lottery, but that isnt going to happen since I dont play. Sometimes its not the fact of having 1 nice car to tinker with and work on, its the fact that you can only tinker and make excusses to tinker with that one so many times to get out of the house. Some people may finish all there projects and some may not, but sometimes its just nice to have somthing to do, weather or not its actually ever going to get done.

NOOOOOOOOO!!! For me that would take away a lot of the fun. Not to mention the satisfaction of knowing I turned almost every screw in getting it done. But maybe ask me again in a few months to see if I change my mind :-D

I often sit & think of selling off the duster & getting something new, or getting back into the 4x4 scene. But usally after 2 or 3 min. of that & im right back on the duster.

Im going to keep it till the end!

Not a chance. I'm 28 and have owned 21 cars since i was 14! Not a single one ever got to the show car status but they all left my hands running like a bat outta hell! All the fun for me is the busted knuckles, blood, and welders tan.

Sell my Dart? No way. The only reson to sell the Dart would be to have the money to build my Dart. LOL

I have a freind that I encourage to do just that.

He has about 10 or12 "project" cars, all fairly solid cars but he has NO mechanical ability so anything he does has to be done by someone else.

I told him he needs to sell these cars and buy one nice car to drive/show.
He has a 72 Duster Twister that his dad bought new and we restored it. That is a nice car. He has a 72 340 Duster that he bought 13 years ago and got the metal work finished and now it sits in his garage!

I told him he needs to finish that Duster and he said, "I already have a Duster." Well, DUH!! And you had that Duster when you bought the other 5 or 6!

Here is a list of his cars that I can remember. I am sure I am missing one or two.

1. 72 Duster Twister
2. 72 340 Duster (Yellow one)
3. 72 340 Duster (orange one)
4. 72 Duster 318 (orange)
5. 74 Challenger
6. 69 Charger
7. 71 Dodge Dart Swinger (yellow one)
8. 71 Dodge dart Swinger (white one)
9. 72 Scamp
10. 72 Duster (red one)
Now this list doesnt include these "parts" cars.
1. 72 Duster 318
2. 72 Duster (shell)
3. 71 Duster 6 cylinder
4. 66 Valiant 4 door.

Like I said I am sure I missed one or two.

That is ridiculous. He needs to sell those cars so someone else can fix them and enjoy them. Hoarding them for no reason is wasteful to me.

And, before anyone asks, no he wont sell any of them. Trust me many people have tried.

He is scared to death one of them may be worth a nickel more than he sold it for so he keeps them all.

Sounds like a friend of mine in NY........He has an actual 71 340 Demon with all the goodies including the chin spoiler...........

He ripped out the 340 and had it stroked, and put it in his garage 8 years ago.....now it's set up, and the car just collects dust and mildew......needs a complete resto...............Makes me crazy.

I've thought about selling a couple projects in NY, BUT if I did them instead of some other guy, I could cash in instead of HIM........so, they sit and wait.

Do any of you ever think about just tradin it(all your projects)for just 1 good solid runner?

ye..um no, the wife would kill me if I had nothing to do but bug her :)

Projecting is a way of life for some. I've alway got something I'm tinkering on. Past projects include:
85 yamaha vmax, stand-up MAME arcade machine, kids playhouse designed and built by the wife and I, screened porch, 65" HDTV brought back from the dead....and Oh yeah the "Daily Duster", the /6 starts every time and stops when I want it to.

I think it's all about wanting to work on it and good times vs bad times... if you have more bad times with a car than good it just doesn't pay off....If you spend 3 years building it and NEVER drive it than yeah you have more bad memories than good, it makes it hard to keep a car like that. I drove the duster to wal-mart last night and before I could get out of the car there was someone walking up to ask me about it. = GOOD TIMES when I pull up to work and the guy that drives a porsche comes up to talk about the duster = GOOD TIMES :cheers:

I used to have a 71 gtx that was a forever project. One day I just decided to sell it and buy something closer to being done. This was in 2000 so you know. got $6500 for the gtx and bought my duster for $5000. It came painted, with a fresh 383 and trans and a lot of parts to assemble. I had to get the front seats recovered, replace all of the brake lines, etc. What was supposed to be a 6 month project took 3 years, but I have an actual running, driving car now. Oh, yeah, that price of $5000 included a complete 6 pack setup and new Hooker fenderwell headers that i sold for $1000 so I guess I only paid $4000 for the car.

That's what I just did. I sold off all of my latemodel Ford and Fairlane stuff and bought a solid, running, driving, clean looking Dart to tinker with and a late-model Magnum engine to drop in over the winter. So far so good.

Ya and I also sit and think of what I would do with all the money if I won the lottery, but that isnt going to happen since I dont play.

Actually, mathematically speaking, your odds of winning the lottery are not substantially reduced by not playing. :read2:

Its like the man says...

You can either ask a girl to go on a date, or you can try to build the Bride of Frankenstein.

Trying to do that right now, but no one will buy my car!!

I can't justify buying another project without selling my current ride though.

I'm stuck in limbo until someone steps up.

rmchrgr, Thats a car I would love. If I hit lotto this week I'll buy it, Build a screaming 340, 4 speed for it and beat it like a rental, LOL

I think about selling what I got and buying something dome but only because when I build my cars I wont it to be perfect, If I bought something that was all ready road worthy I would forget about the car not being perfect.

*sigh*
I think about it all the time. When I bought my Demon, I bought it 'cause I knew the car. It's got attitude. If I didn't buy it, I'd be Moparless right now. However, I don't really want a strip car. But who knows.... I've never been down the 1320. Ever. Maybe once I get on the strip I'll get addicted. Maybe it'll be my crystal meth... Who knows?

All in all, I'd rather have a driver. Something that I can drive anywhere, anyplace, anytime. Something with all the bells and whistles. PS, PB, air, sunroof. Maybe drop in a 5-speed, nice wheels and tires, killer stereo and just cruise, cruise, cruise.

Maybe I need 2 a-bodies?

i sure as hell do. got a 89 S10 72 Charger SE big block and a 73 Dart Sport. id like to sell all 3 and get a 4x4 as a dd and a Cuda notchback 67 68 or 69

That's what I just did. I sold off all of my latemodel Ford and Fairlane stuff and bought a solid, running, driving, clean looking Dart to tinker with and a late-model Magnum engine to drop in over the winter. So far so good.

Actually, mathematically speaking, your odds of winning the lottery are not substantially reduced by not playing. :read2:
good call

i try to keep 1 car at a time but this time i seem to have 2 1968r/t charger 1970dodge dart the dart will stay

Actually I did once but I found that if I take a nap that urge to get rid of projects goes away! And it works everytime I get the urge to excercise as well!

-
Back