Do you use tire shine?

-
always used armor all until i heard it was causing my tire to become dry rotted. now i really dont use anything, i just wash them when i wash the car.

on occasion I'll use Adams VTR but I always use purple power degreaser and a brush everytime I wash the cars to clean any brake dust off the wheels and tires.

I use Maguire's detail spray for leather, vinyl, rubber.

It gives it a real clean look without all the shine, and it has UV protectant against sunshine.

I use it on the interior and tires.

console9-1.jpg

4.jpg

my dad told me ,god rest his soul,used to use brake fluid never tried that one
Funny you should mention the brake fluid . . . I had a neighbor in '64 that bought a new GTO, that car was gorgeous to a 16 year old like me :D . . . used to go over and watch him wash the car on Saturday mornings before he'd go out cruising. At that time I thought that car was the cat's meow . . . great memory. Last thing he would do was pull the GTO further up the driveway out of the water from the wash, and apply brake fluid to the tires. I remember the tires looking good, but I had been hit with the muscle car virus and I was a little partial . . . :thumbup:

Enough to keep them looking black. Don't like gray tires.

X2...Armor All used sparingly. Wipe down tire a couple of minutes after application to get rid of excess. Otherwise, the tire attracts dirt like a magnet. Also to keep excess from being flung all over the sides of the car.

Usually that new Turtle Wax stuff, or the Meguires, but always before we leave for the show.

I hate the just shined tire look. I put it on and the cars have to go over a short dusty gravel part of my driveway, then drive to the show, so i get the driven on tire, shiny sidewall look.

Black magic tire shine but it doesn't look shiny. I just have to remember to do it more than twice a year.

aerospace 303 is the best protector against ozone damage. (designed by NASA) for rubber exposed to extreme ozone in outer space.

Usually that new Turtle Wax stuff
the one I use is by turtle Wax, it's a clear gel- goes on slimy but the first wash leaves them the way I want-black and clean, without the shine.

I used to use my car wash soap and a fingernail brush on the tires, scrubbing them perfectly clean, so they'd look like new. Can't be bothered any more.

I like my tires to just be black...no shine
I use something in a blue can "can't remember the name" and wipe it off right away it cleans the tires just like if you had used an SOS pad on them.

Back in my day...we were poor...used sugar in hot water and washed tires for that "black look"...LOL

I use Surf City Garage "Beyond Black" Tire Pro. No gloss finish and looks like a clean new tire after it dries. No streaks. Last year I applied twice in six months.

Dan
72_340_Demon:snakeman:

Attachments

• Demon_Cragers_sm.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 109
I use Surf City Garage "Beyond Black" Tire Pro. No gloss finish and looks like a clean new tire after it dries. No streaks. Last year I applied twice in six months.

Dan
72_340_Demon:snakeman:

Now that is what I've been looking for. Thanks

my dad told me ,god rest his soul,used to use brake fluid never tried that one

First time I ever saw anyone use brake fluid on tires was in the Army back in 1970. First Sergeant made us wipe all of the company vehicles tires down with brake fluid to make them shiny before a big inspection.
Personally, I prefer the clean, black, low gloss look rather than shiny.

Years ago I did learn one thing to never put Armor All on - your motorcycle saddle. Took a few rides before I didn't have to hang on for dear life everytime I took off on my bike. Never did that again!

I use Meguiars "Hot Tire" Gel on my cars. I also have a Black Magic tire shine applicator somewhere in my garage. I personally think tire shine is the icing on the cake.

I don't put any thing on them. Live on a dirt road. If you put that stuff on them all that happens is the dust sticks to it. Then you have brown tires.

You really need to try some Pledge like I posted in #18. Your wife probably has come in the house already.

Spray around the tire and wipe it off. Very quick and easy.

-
Back