Do you work from home?

-

'74 Sport

Reaction score
Do any of you make a living, or at least supplement your income, by working at home? I don't mean as a mechanic, tax consultant, interior designer, etc. I'm talking about one of those (legitimate) "Work From Home" ads you always see.

Just curious...

Legitimate??? No way. Don't fall for it!!!

Billy inquired about it once when we first moved here; as expected, he couldn't get any straight answers over the phone. Turned out it was selling HerbaLife products. ["Everyone takes these vitamins ... you'll be a gazillionaire!"] It was crap of course -- do you know ANYONE who takes herbalife vitamins??? lol -- but I'm sure the company made a bit of money selling their introduction "get rich now" video for ten bucks.

I too hear of several things you can supposedly do at home, like medical record keepers and such. I don't know anybody that is using it. Surely there are some legitiment ones out there?

I know a couple medical transcriptionists who type doctors' dictated reports from home. They do bring home some good money but it takes awhile to learn the terminology and find enough doctors who aren't happy with their current typist to stay busy as a primary source of income.

It's possible to work out of your home, my wife and I both do it. But we didn't answer any ads that advertised that fact!! It was an option that our companies made to us after we worked there for a while.

I don't know anyone that is very secsessfull through something like that. I tried Quickstar about 7 years ago. got kinda presured into it. didn't work out, and I didn't like the system, but I did like the book list to read.

I am kinda the do it yourself kinda guy. I have my own Rubbish co. and now I am building a web site to try and make some extra cash. My freind started his about 3 years ago, and he is makeing $6,000/M. Cool thing about all this is that it isn't one of those get rich quick things. I'm thinking it will take another 3 Monthes befor I see any income. ( Im talking $100 or so) NOT quick.

Slow and steady wins the race.

-
Back