Dodge 360 more HP.

-

veb94

Reaction score
Hey, I am boy from Norway (so perhaps it is something bad english) I have a 1996 Dart. I also have a Dodge 360 engine, which I would like to put in this car. But I wonder if people have some simple tricks to get more hp out of this engine. I would guess it's around 200-250 hp in it today. and where I can buy parts that are good and cheap, which is sent to Europe. I would like around 350-450 hp.

thanks for all the good answers
:cheers:
V.F

Welcome! If its a two barrel carb you can change intakes and add a four barrel, add some headers better ignition, thinner head gaskets and mill the heads down a little bit. Slightly bigger cam. Theres alot of little things that can be done to increse power but dont know if a 100-150 horsepower increase is feesable without getting more involved.

1996 Dart???

Try Summit racing com for parts

Are you looking for a parts list to make 350-450 HP? There's a vast difference between parts in a 350 HP engine and a 450 HP engine.

What year is the engine?

1996 Dart???

Try Summit racing com for parts

Are you looking for a parts list to make 350-450 HP? There's a vast difference between parts in a 350 HP engine and a 450 HP engine.

What year is the engine?

Yes, i am lokking for a part list.
The enigne is from the 1990-1996.
The are a four barrel on the engine.

Thanks! :cheers:

What power level are you looking for? There is a BIG differeance between 350 & 450 HP. A BIG differeance!!!!!

Basic port/polish of cylinder heads. Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, 750 CFM carburetor of your choice, KB 107 pistons, Comp XE274 cam, Dougs 450 headers with full dual exhaust and you should be close. You'll want to ensure the transmission is in good condition, torque convert, brakes and the rear axle will possibly need to upgraded as well.

Basic port/polish of cylinder heads. Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, 750 CFM carburetor of your choice, KB 107 pistons, Comp XE274 cam, Dougs 450 headers with full dual exhaust and you should be close. You'll want to ensure the transmission is in good condition, torque convert, brakes and the rear axle will possibly need to upgraded as well.

1990-1996?So is this a magnum 5.9 or la 360?La intake won't bolt to a magnum head without so modification.If they engine is out put some "KEITH BLACK" pistons four barrel and headers with a good cam as stated above.If you are doing it right get lighter rods and have the rotating assy. balanced.

Second option is get a 4" stroker kit do the same work as above less the pistons and rods as it comes with the kit and get closer to the 450hp range.

You'll need 10:1 CR, 284 cam, EQ or Eddy or RHS heads, airgap and 750 cfm carb and headers.

When it comes to heads, you'll find out than it can be done 5 different ways, ported factory iron is easy, buying aftermarket heads is easy too though might cost u more by the time u get them shipped and re setup for the springs u need n such. A cam in the 268* with lots of lift or cam in the 276*-284* duration with moderate lift will achieve the horsepower as well having around 9.5+ compression. Any rpm intake wether standard or airgap from eddelbrock would work...as well as the old ld340 manilfold with a Holley 700-800 CFM carburetor. Good rockers with a more honest ratio would well be a good idea if u can swing the cost.
Good luck.

Thanks for all the answers guys, but I have a question, how can heads, should I use on this engine? new from summit racing, edelbrock ???

-
Back