Dodge Dart Seneca for sale NOT MINE

-
This is the first year of the Dart model,and one of Chryslers wildest and most.futuristic dashes ever
Interesting that this one has the cone shaped turn signal wand. Usually only the Phoenix model got that.
Beautiful cars but I like the Matador and Polaras even better because they have larger fins!
Sgt. Carter drove a.1960 Dart Phoenix 2 dr hardtop for a while in "Gomer Pyle,USMC". The show was sponsored by Chrysler and even though these cars were already "old" the series is full of forward Look Chrysler products as well as contemporary B bodies and a bodies. In one episode "Gomer minds his sergeants car" the Dart is destroyed by a wrecking ball and Carter gets a new Coronet from the construction company.. the car would back again in later episodes despite this fact.
Gomer buys a 1958 Dodge convertible from Sgt Carter in another episode too.
Too bad Andy Griffith was sponsored by Ford instead of Chrysler like Gomer Pyle and Leave it to Beaver were..although in the first season of Andy you'd see a DeSoto

gomer13.9951.jpg

gomer5.5814.jpg

MV5BODYyNTQ1ODQtMjY0NC00ZjRmLThhOTgtOTBkZTRlNjIyMDM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjIyMzMxMTk@._V1_.jpg

i239453.jpg

snapshot20090702055909.9605.jpg

Last edited:
I owned the 'Phoenix' version. This was the Chry flagship in Australia at the time.

They would have been a slug with a slant six because they were very heavy cars; they were sold here with a 318 Poly & cast iron TF.

-
Back