Dodge demon identification assistance

-

Plydust360

Reaction score
Hey guys.
Its been a few years since Ive posted. I still have my 75 Duster but I have also acquired a 72 Demon.

I read an article the other day about a super demon (google it). I understand the project never reached reality. However this car has me curious becuase of a few things. I hope the pictures post.

#1 what dash is this? When I bought it I figured it was a custom job, but the glove box door seems to be stamped. Its all chrome. Including the glove box. The only rough part is above the steering column and where someone tried to install a radio. Even on a ralleye dash the glove box door is plastic.

#2 it came with a full demon fiberglass front clip. Hood, fenders and valance in one piece. I cant find a replacement that is identical. Not that I want to replace it. I was justing curious as to manufacturer . The 3 major mopar fiber glass company's dont have the same front clip.

#3 There is no factory cutout for the bulkhead in the firewall and there is no factory cutout for the blower motor or heater core hoses.

Im just curious if anyone has any information about these topics.

As far as I know its a H code VIN however its been replaced with a 440/727.

20170107_150635.jpg

20170107_150649.jpg

20170107_150749.jpg

I'd bet the holes in the firewall were welded up. One possibility is it was originally a heater delete car. If the glove box door has a plastic bezel on the lower part then it's a Rally dash door. All the glove box doors of that era resemble that, with the stamped circles in them - think 'cup holders'..Pull that homemade piece of aluminum off and look at the size of the opening for the dash bezel - better yet post more pics here. Might be a Rally dash frame. A 72 would not have come with a Rally dash. Probably just an old bracket car from back in the day.

I dont think its a a super demon. They were not made in 72.

Look at the glove box door. The outside and inside are the same piece. No one custom made that. The dash perhaps but not the glove box door. I have a ralleye dash and its all plastic in and out. I have a hard time believing someone put that much reproduction work into a glove box of a drag car.

Also there are not any patches for the bulkhead/heatercore... its more apparent inside the vehicle.

Every A body I have personally viewed has had the electrical bulkhead in the same spot just under the wiper motor. Is there another spot on older A bodies?

Ill gladly take more pictures. What would you like to see?

20170107_150718.jpg

-
Back