Dodge Demon on Chop Cut Rebuild

-
Yes, it's on SPEED. The new episodes always show at 8:30 (ET) Saturday mornings and a few other times during the week.

The folks in Peterborough will enjoy it, I think. :glasses7:

Hi Dan,
Congrats on the new season. I'm so happy to see you finally graduated from Remedial Cut-off Wheel 101. :poke: :D

I thought it was a duster? Saw that episode yesterday. They found it in a junk yard,but it actually pretty nice for a starting point!

I had to laugh at the crew as thier chevy boys. They ended up cutting the T bars out with a torch,lol as they just couldnt get em out.

They need a mopar guy to help em out...

Hi Dan,
Congrats on the new season. I'm so happy to see you finally graduated from Remedial Cut-off Wheel 101. :poke: :D

Yep! I've moved up to blowing holes in sheet metal with a mig welder now! :cheers: ...It takes years to develop the technique you know!

Dan glad to have you here. I use to watch your show regularly.

Hi all,

Yes, Season 8 of Chop Cut Rebuild began on October 15th. This year, we feature a 1972 Duster - with a Gen 3 Hemi, TCI six speed, full RMS suspension, and TTI exhaust. The project is being assembled by Classic Industries in Huntington Beach CA... It will be an amazing no holds barred custom build. A killer showcar going all out for the "WOW" factor. Enjoy!

hmmmm I live near Huntington can my 73 duster be next in line to be on the show?:hello2:

Hey Dan,
WELCOME,
now that you are a member, why dont you start a thread on members restorations with behind the scenes pics of the rebuild. That would be very cool
Andrew

Hi, Dan, I've been watching CCR since the start on Speed. Now, I have a serious question. What was the name of the "grade B" horror flick I saw you in some time ago? Was it made while you were doing CCR or before?

You know I don't understand some of you guys. You complain that there are not enough restoration shows with A bodies and complain that there is not enough aftermarket support with our hobby. You have a company like Classic Industries that is doing both and you are complaining. I don't get it. :banghead:

Well, I see the issue being complained about as one where alleged "Car Guys" can't take the time to do enough research in order to figure out something as relatively simple as removing a set of torsion bars. I am a Novice when it comes to working on my Dart, but even I was able to do some checking on the process, buy a torsion bar removal tool and pull my original bars to replace them with the big block/thicker torsion bars.
I was watching the show when they took the torch to the bars and was also critical that they had an opportunity to demonstrate the removal technique, but instead went for the brute force resolution of the problem and simply cut the bars out.
Just my 2 cents.
BTW, Dan, no offense intended. I also realize the show has to fit within a short time frame of about 22 minutes of actual footage, so you guys may have made the cutting decision because of the time constraints. I am a fan of the show as well.

Hi, Dan, I've been watching CCR since the start on Speed. Now, I have a serious question. What was the name of the "grade B" horror flick I saw you in some time ago? Was it made while you were doing CCR or before?

That would be "Lake Dead". It's written by Dan Coughlin (who also moonlights as the camera guy on CCR).

Well, I see the issue being complained about as one where alleged "Car Guys" can't take the time to do enough research in order to figure out something as relatively simple as removing a set of torsion bars. I am a Novice when it comes to working on my Dart, but even I was able to do some checking on the process, buy a torsion bar removal tool and pull my original bars to replace them with the big block/thicker torsion bars.
I was watching the show when they took the torch to the bars and was also critical that they had an opportunity to demonstrate the removal technique, but instead went for the brute force resolution of the problem and simply cut the bars out.
Just my 2 cents.
BTW, Dan, no offense intended. I also realize the show has to fit within a short time frame of about 22 minutes of actual footage, so you guys may have made the cutting decision because of the time constraints. I am a fan of the show as well.

Why bother buying a "torsion bar removal tool" when cutting them out takes a few minutes. They are not using torsion bars in the rebuild......

:hello2:It's awesome an Abody is getting some love.......let's not be overly critical.

Why bother buying a "torsion bar removal tool" when cutting them out takes a few minutes. They are not using torsion bars in the rebuild......

:hello2:It's awesome an Abody is getting some love.......let's not be overly critical.

That is exactly the reason they were cut. The team had one day to completely tear down the car. Anything that was not going to be reinstalled was given less than "careful" treatment. I think Mark Vogt (Classic's GM) explained that during his interview.

Because to demonstrate the technique might actually assist someone, like me, when they went to remove their own bars.
Anyone can pick up a torch and cut metal.

Just my 2 cents.

Yup me too! I just thought to myself OMG! Are these guys really gonna cut the tbars out?

Oh well I was hoping they would have detailed the t bar removal and showed how to do it right.

were gonna need a camera crew here at the "Flip flop Inn" I can tear an a body down in a day by myself with mostly hand tools and not ruin anything unless a brake line gives me a fit....but I cant hold the camera and my beer at the same time.....:hello2:

Welcome aboard Dan...Love your show havent got cable tv to watch it anymore but it was a regular for me when I could tune in....
Yes, it's on SPEED. The new episodes always show at 8:30 (ET) Saturday mornings and a few other times during the week.

The folks in Peterborough will enjoy it, I think. :glasses7:

Guys, our job on CCR is to "document" the restoration of a car - we are not a "demonstration" show. Complaining about what we are not is pointless. There are shows out there that tell you what bolt, wrench, torque setting, etc... We are not that kind of show. CCR is a Documentary of the build and what the teams go through duing the build. We are not on the air for "how to" technique. Besides, when you take a car apart and you don't intend to re-use the part, what difference does it make?

I have to admit that I have cut a set of torsion bars that would not come out even with the removal tool that I bought. Guilty :D I did feel better after I did it too.

Guys, our job on CCR is to "document" the restoration of a car - we are not a "demonstration" show. Complaining about what we are not is pointless. There are shows out there that tell you what bolt, wrench, torque setting, etc... We are not that kind of show. CCR is a Documentary of the build and what the teams go through duing the build. We are not on the air for "how to" technique. Besides, when you take a car apart and you don't intend to re-use the part, what difference does it make?

Sorry, Dan; my mistake. Hadn't heard that articulated before now, that the show's theme is simply to document the rebuild experience.
I stand corrected; cut away.

Sorry, Dan; my mistake. Hadn't heard that articulated before now, that the show's theme is simply to document the rebuild experience.
I stand corrected; cut away.

Thanks Dartpower. The balance of information and entertainment is tricky sometimes. "Info-tainment" is what I think the exec's call it... and as long as they keep calling for more, I'll deliver it. :burnout:

Dan,
we are thrilled you are here. While some of our members can be crotchety at times, the passion around here for MoPars is unmatched on the internet. So is the amount of information gained from actual experience. I know you have people you consult for the show, but if you ask here, especially in the right thread or topic/heading, you will get an answer you can actually use.
Andrew

I really wish I could get the episodes on iTunes. I have the pod cast and I'm really excited to see what you guys do to the Duster/Demon. Dan is there a location to purchase the episodes online?

It's pretty much the same build I'm doing... Duster with Reilly Motorsports AlterKtion and Street Linxs as well as a modern hemi and a 6 speed trans.

I've watched CCR for many years and always wanted to see more Mopars but I love seeing what you guys do with the other brands.

If your ever in the Windsor, ON/Detroit, MI area let me know, I'd be interested in meeting you.

Riddler
Joe M

Thinking of starting my own show.CCR - Chop,Cut,Rebuild(the rebuilding part in my case refers to my bank account).GL with the build Dan,will definately be watching.

Well Dan welcome and glad to have you here to chat with us.And as you can see Mopar blood runs strong and deep.Hope you stay around after your A-body build is done.Hey just curious did you join the Bricklin forum???

-
Back