Dodge done in NASCAR

-
Isn't switching from Dodge to Ford in NASCAR just a simple sticker change?

There is some sheet metal,and the engine, and maybe a few other parts, but essentially you're right, they are more like spec cars than stock cars.

...haven't been "stock cars" in decades.

I haven't watched a NASCAR race since they allowed Toyota in!
about the same time i bailed, but mainly when the car of tomorrow came out and makes were not an identity anymore but a sponsor

loyalty was gone and it turned into who had more balls to push the nascar spec accelorator pedal further into the floor and play follow the leader

I haven't watched a NASCAR race since they allowed Toyota in!

X2. I actually stopped the season before, as soon as the first driver said he would be driving a Toyota next season; I can't remember if it was Michael Waltrip or Dale Jarrett. I never watched another race since then. I didn't start watching until Dodge re-entered NASCAR with the Intrepid body that Bill Elliot, Jeremy Mayfield, Sterling Marlin, and Ward Burton were all running. Either way, I'm glad I only wasted about 4 years on it.

bla bla bla bla bla bla bla blabla blabla blabla blabla blabla blabla bla

What the heck difference does it make?

It don't make a deference :glasses7: I enjoy nascar, it's better when mopar is on top, I agree ....... It's like music or fishing, I enjoy the race :glasses7: boat's to :burnout:

I didn't start watching until Dodge re-entered NASCAR with the Intrepid body that Bill Elliot, Jeremy Mayfield, Sterling Marlin, and Ward Burton were all running. Either way, I'm glad I only wasted about 4 years on it.

exactly the same thing with me. #40 coors light dodge intrepid driven by MY MAN sterling marlin , had been the best damn racing since the petty days , along with #9 and all the other dodges. they came back with a vengence and i actually got goosebumps thinking about the day dodge returned. it is just too bad that it has been all for not...

I didn't start watching until Dodge re-entered NASCAR with the Intrepid body that Bill Elliot, Jeremy Mayfield, Sterling Marlin, and Ward Burton were all running.

I forgot one of my other favorite Dodge drivers at the time, Jimmy Spencer. I remember when he punched Kurt Busch in the face while in the garage area.

Jimmy made a statement about Toyota's entry into NASCAR, "Doesn't anyone remember Pearl Harbor?" I guess they don't.

I forgot one of my other favorite Dodge drivers at the time, Jimmy Spencer. I remember when he punched Kurt Busch in the face while in the garage area.

Jimmy made a statement about Toyota's entry into NASCAR, "Doesn't anyone remember Pearl Harbor?" I guess they don't.

...now that was racing when the boxing broke out in the pits lol, i thought there was hope when ryan newman was in the miller lite # 2 . but that was too good to be true. and like i said earlier, next thing you know hyuandai will be qualifying cars...

I quit watching when they came out with the spec cars, m'self. I may as well go watch Mini Cooper racing if they're all the same.

I haven't paid attention to much of the NASCAR hype shows, but one of the fellas at work mentioned that Honda might be joining NASCAR in the next year or two. That was news to me. I hadn't heard anything about that.

(I)NASCAR: (Inter)National Association of Spec Car Racing?
Ford, Chevy, Toyota, and Honda. WTF?

To bad nobody will be runnin this!
photo-vi.jpg

In a Dodge;

#102 Kenneth Wood Ash Motorsports Brandon Ash Dodge
#74 Raynard McGlynn McGlynn Racing Derrike Cope Dodge
#49 Elizabeth Morgenthau BAM Racing Dodge
Drivers;

Chad Chaffin
Ken Schrader
Mike Bliss
Klaus Graf
Larry Foyt

#45 Kyle Petty Petty Enterprises Kyle Petty Dodge / Chad McCumbee
#43 Richard Petty Petty Enterprises Bobby Labonte Dodge

#40 Felix Sabates Chip Ganassi Racing David Stremme Dodge
#41 Chip Ganassi Chip Ganassi Racing Reed Sorenson Dodge
#42 Floyd Ganassi Chip Ganassi Racing Juan Montoya Dodge

#37 Bob Jenkins Front Row Motorsports Kevin Lepage/Brian Simo Dodge

#19 Ray Evernham Evernham Motorsports Elliott Sadler Dodge
#9 Ray Evernham Evernham Motorsports Kasey Kahne Dodge

#12 Roger Penske Penske Racing Ryan Newman Dodge
#2 Roger Penske Penske Racing Kurt Busch Dodge
#38 Robert Yates Robert Yates Racing John Andretti Dodge

#10 James Rocco Valvoline Evernham Racing Scott Riggs Dodge

In a Dodge;

#102 Kenneth Wood Ash Motorsports Brandon Ash Dodge
#74 Raynard McGlynn McGlynn Racing Derrike Cope Dodge
#49 Elizabeth Morgenthau BAM Racing Dodge
Drivers;

Chad Chaffin
Ken Schrader
Mike Bliss
Klaus Graf
Larry Foyt

#45 Kyle Petty Petty Enterprises Kyle Petty Dodge / Chad McCumbee
#43 Richard Petty Petty Enterprises Bobby Labonte Dodge

#40 Felix Sabates Chip Ganassi Racing David Stremme Dodge
#41 Chip Ganassi Chip Ganassi Racing Reed Sorenson Dodge
#42 Floyd Ganassi Chip Ganassi Racing Juan Montoya Dodge

#37 Bob Jenkins Front Row Motorsports Kevin Lepage/Brian Simo Dodge

#19 Ray Evernham Evernham Motorsports Elliott Sadler Dodge

#12 Roger Penske Penske Racing Ryan Newman Dodge
#2 Roger Penske Penske Racing Kurt Busch Dodge
#38 Robert Yates Robert Yates Racing John Andretti Dodge

#10 James Rocco Valvoline Evernham Racing Scott Riggs Dodge

Thank you :happy1:

I doubt they are truly done in Cup Series. You don't spend all that money for a new Cup design (I know, I know - they're all the same) without planning on running it.

They may have lost Penske, but odds are in the coming months you'll find another team 'jump ship' from another manufacturer to move to Dodge especially now that they would be the focus of Dodge's program. Obviously Roush isn't leaving Ford and Hendrick/Childress aren't leaving Chevy but don't be surprised if one or more of the second-tier teams bail. (MWR, EGR, JTG, RPM).

What??!! I drink Miller beer because of the Blue Deuce! Guess I'll have to quit drinking.........If you believe that I have a barn find hemi Dart for sale real cheap.

Dodge will unveil its 2013 Sprint Cup car on March 11 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. However, the bigger question now is who will be driving Dodges next year?

Robby Gordon Motorsports would be the lone team at this point after Penske Racing announced Thursday that it was moving to manufacturer Ford in 2013.

But Dodge has also reached out to other teams, including Richard Petty Motorsports, according to owner Andy Murstein.

"We received calls from several manufacturers today asking if they could meet with us,” Murstein said. “It seems that while sponsorship is down, car manufacturer support is strong. That is probably due to the fact that the car companies are all doing significantly better these days than a few years ago. Thus Petty has been approached by several manufacturers recently. What's interesting is that while there are the usual suspects there is one new manufacturer that is trying to break into the sport.

“Many of the manufactures have told us that the Petty name is a no-brainer for them. While admittedly Petty isn't in the winning class of Hendrick and Roush Fenway, at least not yet, they are first class in terms of pride and fan loyalty. The missteps that other teams have made such as their drivers embarrassing them will not be the case with Petty's drivers, and certainly will never be the case with the King himself.”

RPM’s contract with Ford is up at the end of the season. Petty ran Dodges from 1972 to 1978. Petty Enterprises aligned with Dodge again when the manufacturer returned to NASCAR competition in 2001 through most of the 2009 season, then under the RPM banner.

Shift in focus
Penske to change manufacturers for '13 NASCAR season.

“We are focused on using Ford this year as we have high hopes for our performance,” Murstein said. “We have two great drivers now both on and off the track. Not only are they both extremely well spoken, personable, and loved by the sponsors, but they have the talent and the equipment needed to get it done. As everyone saw they both had great qualifying and practice times at Daytona and were both in the top five at points in the race. Partly because of that, and partly because there is only one King, who is a shining example of excellence and integrity both on and off the track, we have been approached by several manufacturers. Some of them are already in the sport and interestingly one of which is not in the sport but would like to enter it through a partnership with the King.”

Earnhardt Ganassi Racing president Steve Lauletta said the company had not yet been approached by Dodge.

"I haven't been involved in any of those conversations," Lauletta said. "But we're very happy with Chevrolet."

in fact a dodge ram won last weekends CTS race..at least they arent completely out of it ..yet

Actually you are wrong. A Dodge Ram didn't win last weekend since Dodge doesn't make Rams anymore. It was a Ram Ram so Dodge is already out of that series.

Earnhardt Ganassi Racing president Steve Lauletta said the company had not yet been approached by Dodge.

"I haven't been involved in any of those conversations," Lauletta said. "But we're very happy with Chevrolet."

They always deny, deny, deny. That's the name of the game :grin:
EGR has a previous relationship (Ganassi) with Dodge, plus they are no higher than 3rd on Chevy's importance chart now. Earnhardt nation will **** bricks (but when don't they?) at the name not being associated with Chevy, but that would pass.

MWR will always be #2 on Toyota's priority chart behind Gibbs, so going to Dodge would be a step up for them. Same thing for RPM at Ford.

I bet Dodge will throw just enough $$$ in the face to get at least one of these groups to switch over.

Actually you are wrong. A Dodge Ram didn't win last weekend since Dodge doesn't make Rams anymore. It was a Ram Ram so Dodge is already out of that series.

Dodge doesn't make Rams anymore?

OK, I'm old, work to dang much, I can not see without my glasses which I can not find, screw radio unless it's music and TV? The vast waste land of garbage? Only for weather, a NHL game (Not my choice) or a sci fi night, then that box is off!

When did Dodge stop making trucks? I could swear I see them atthe "Dodge" dealer on the way home yesterday.

Dodge doesn't make Rams anymore?

OK, I'm old, work to dang much, I can not see without my glasses which I can not find, screw radio unless it's music and TV? The vast waste land of garbage? Only for weather, a NHL game (Not my choice) or a sci fi night, then that box is off!

When did Dodge stop making trucks? I could swear I see them atthe "Dodge" dealer on the way home yesterday.

Rams are still being made. Just not under the Dodge nameplate. They are Ram nameplates now. Fiat doesn't want the dodge name associated with a billy goat....:wack:

ok so a fiat tough ram billy goat would be more accurate ....i give up, fiat this ,ram ram that , no more dodge ram...i am so lost and confused with all this. dodge is starting to sound like a confused smoked out 2 dollar *****...

-
Back