Dodge Hellcat?

-
Another car hardly anyone can afford. Genius.

Built to compete with the Camaro ZL1, & Shelby Mustang, & priced nearly the same. Just for the rich kids.

Put it in a lighter chassis and tone down the bling, Ala Swinger.

Built to compete with the Camaro ZL1, & Shelby Mustang, & priced nearly the same. Just for the rich kids.

It probably weighs as much as both. Mopars be heavy these days.

At least fiat/chrysler seems to have finally come to their senses and realized the need for forced induction. Late to the train but better late than never! Way to go ma mopar, now knock 15K off the price tag

I guess they just want to send the Challenger out with a bang. A shame they waited until the last model year to try to compete with the Camaro & Mustang's top offerings.

It probably weighs as much as both. Mopars be heavy these days.

The Challenger is the heaviest of the 3 for sure. Almost too heavy to really be considered a pony car. Nearly 400 Lbs heavier. The '15 SRT Cuda its being replaced with I believe is 4" shorter & 2" narrower & 350 lbs lighter.

not a bad vehicle but the shelby mustang is the be all end all to modern muscle. cant get any better. shelby is where its at.

I agree with mopardude. The Shelby's are definitely the top modern muscle cars. As far as looks I like the Challenger best but when it comes to performance I'd want a GT500 Super Snake. Those things are wicked!! The 2013s had 850 hp!!

Where will the HP wars end? and what is the purpose? foreign cars with less horsepower do more. I am waiting for one of the domestic automakers to finally build an exotic car. something that could rival an Aston, Ferrari, or Porsche in more than top speed. It seems all Detroit does is stuff the biggest displacement engine in an otherwise stock car and say there you go. This was awesome in the 60's and 70's. The Viper was a stepping stone, but still lagged in craftsmanship. This Hellcat is cool, but 80K is knocking on the door to exotic where it doesn't hold a candle to the competition in anything other than going in a straight line.

Wasn't that the motor that was supposed of gone in the CUDA??? Which i heard the cuda is being delayed because of body issues ??

They still havent decided on the top engine for the cuda. They have plans to offer a 4, 6, & 8 cyl but are still usure if it will be avail in both the 5.7 and 6.1.

...I am waiting for one of the domestic automakers to finally build an exotic car. something that could rival an Aston, Ferrari, or Porsche in more than top speed. It seems all Detroit does is stuff the biggest displacement engine in an otherwise stock car and say there you go. ...

:prayer:

2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-045-medium.jpg

That new vette is ugly as hell. Doesn't even hold a candle to the Viper. And hasn't, since the Viper debuted in 1992.

Let's compare apples to apples here. Price out a gayvette that can even keep up with the Viper. The viper is a super car. The gayvette, well, my grandmother could drive that pos.

Well, Allpar says not to expect a price under $65k, which is a far cry from $80k.

Still, that seems like a huge premium over a 392 for what is essentially a supercharger/engine upgrade.

Let's compare apples to apples here. Price out a gayvette that can even keep up with the Viper. The viper is a super car. The gayvette, well, my grandmother could drive that pos.

You may want to watch this. That isn't even the fast Vette. Why all the anger?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMAJ5a86sPc"]Track Tested: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray vs 2013 SRT Viper Coupe -- Edmunds.com - YouTube[/ame]

Chrysler transported a friends Hemi Challenger to SEMI and the LA Auto show when they debuted the SCAT PAC

-
Back