Dodge hub cap identification

-

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
Hey people. I came across a couple hub caps this weekend that a local person has for sale. I have never seen thes Dodge hub caps anywhere so I didnt pick them up yet. There are only two, but I have searched the net and not able to find anything like them. I didnt have any kind of camera on me at the time.. so I just have to try to descibe them.

These were a dog dish style, maybe 9" diameter or a little larger. They came up in the center -cone like' and had the Dodge Tri-ad emblem embossed in the middle. The outside edge had little (maybe 1") black dashes that ran around the diameter. The cone was smooth from top down to plate... no ridges or anything.
They appeared to be stainless and in great condition. I checked all the hub cap sites and ebay to see if I could find a match. I have not. Am I missing something here ?? How come I have never seen anything like these ? Either they are junk and not popular.....or they are super duper rare. I can prob get a pic next weekend... just wondering if they rang a bell in anyones head....

-RPM

Hey people. I came across a couple hub caps this weekend that a local person has for sale. I have never seen thes Dodge hub caps anywhere so I didnt pick them up yet. There are only two, but I have searched the net and not able to find anything like them. I didnt have any kind of camera on me at the time.. so I just have to try to descibe them.

These were a dog dish style, maybe 9" diameter or a little larger. They came up in the center -cone like' and had the Dodge Tri-ad emblem embossed in the middle. The outside edge had little (maybe 1") black dashes that ran around the diameter. The cone was smooth from top down to plate... no ridges or anything.
They appeared to be stainless and in great condition. I checked all the hub cap sites and ebay to see if I could find a match. I have not. Am I missing something here ?? How come I have never seen anything like these ? Either they are junk and not popular.....or they are super duper rare. I can prob get a pic next weekend... just wondering if they rang a bell in anyones head....

-RPM

http://www.hubcaps.org/ try this

-RPM

like this? lol

Attachments

• chr439.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 374
Nope... but thanks for trying.. I have hit all those sites.
The closest I can find to looking somewhat similar is this
DARTHUB.jpg

However the ones I found raise up in the center much like the '68 plymouth caps. (dome/cone) shape.
The definately were dog dish style too. Hard to tell in this pic... is the center raised up a quite a bit here??

The one time I didnt have a camera.... grrr...

-RPM

Well they are a combo of the picture above and the picture here below
caps.jpg

They are domed like the pic here but have the black dashes around the outside and they didnt have the ridges up the dome.

Maybe I better pick them up....

-RPM

Ok well .. I figured it out. Luckly I have access to ooooold parts catalogs. Found they came on a 1965 Dodge Polara convertible coupe. I didnt see where they came on anything else in 1965, but I imagine they were used somewhere else too. I think if I can get them for the right price I will pick up the pair as they are in "mint" condition.

They look like these..except near perfect.
polaracaps.jpg

-RPM

They also look to be correct for 66 Polara, but they are more commonly seen on 65-67 Coronets.

My grandpa's 65 coronet had red centers, I still have one I will take a picture.

Yep.. I recognize them now that I see them on the B's. Funny thing... I got my new issue of Mopar Muscle yesterday... and low and behold there is a '66 Hemi Coronet in their with these caps on it. Funny how that happens.
I think I will spend the coin on the two I found just because of the condition they are in.

-RPM

-
Back