Dodge in NASCAR 2013?

-

falston1

Reaction score
I am a student at UNC Charlotte which is right by Charlotte Motor Speedway, Z-Max Dragway, and 90% of NASCAR race shops. Anyway, this afternoon I was passing by the track on my way to see my girlfriend and I passed a Petty Enterprises rollback with a brand new, just out of the mold, 2013 Charger body on the back. I was very surprised that they didn't have a cover on it. Keselowski also hinted earlier this week on Twitter that Dodge would be back in NASCAR soon. Could Petty be the new Dodge team? This has gotten me very interested in seeing what next year brings.

-Forrest

i would love to see dodge back next year. too bad Brad and penske are going to ford, they would be the team that would put the new chargers where they need to be. as far as i know petty is staying with ford next year

Petty re-upped with ford.
Maybe 2014, but they will need someone to build engines & chassis's.
Jayski site stated dodge may come back in the near future.
Petty may have re-upped with ford for a one year deal, who knows?
Dodge's best shot was with Penske.

With a Dodge in the running for the Championship this year, it would be sad if Dodge isn't in Nascar next year. But I guess it's more of a business decision than anything else.

I'm not saying I heard that they were changing, I'm just saying that I saw a 2013 body on a Petty rollback. I thought it was kinda odd since they're still a Ford team.

I'm not saying I heard that they were changing, I'm just saying that I saw a 2013 body on a Petty rollback. I thought it was kinda odd since they're still a Ford team.

Are you sure you saw what you said you think you saw? Or was what you saw what you wanted to think you saw? :D

I am a student at UNC Charlotte which is right by Charlotte Motor Speedway, Z-Max Dragway, and 90% of NASCAR race shops. Anyway, this afternoon I was passing by the track on my way to see my girlfriend and I passed a Petty Enterprises rollback with a brand new, just out of the mold, 2013 Charger body on the back. I was very surprised that they didn't have a cover on it. Keselowski also hinted earlier this week on Twitter that Dodge would be back in NASCAR soon. Could Petty be the new Dodge team? This has gotten me very interested in seeing what next year brings.

-Forrest

With as good as keselowski and sh jr have been doing, they would be crazy not to stick with it. They have a potential championship on there hands

Are you sure you saw what you said you think you saw? Or was what you saw what you wanted to think you saw? :D
I have dun this and wishful thinking can do funny things to the mind..
That was deep, and realistic Burntorange70 :glasses7:

They will be back :cheers: But not until there is a team worthy to do the job
and want the job.... I think the Challenger is faster body :glasses7:
But we have yet to see it in the cup cars.. I think they will make there mark and come back even better..... They have the car. just look at the winston cup car. :glasses7:
It would be cool to see the new sprint cup car show up next year to surprise us and I would hope it would be the Challenger body :blob:
Legally they can bring it to the cup series now :cheers:

I'm positive on what I saw, haha. I tried to take a picture but it turned as soon as I got my phone out and I was two lanes over and couldn't follow. It was definitely a 2013 body, too. I've been to Penske's shop several times applying for a job/internship (I'm a mechanical engineering student.) and I've seen the cars up close.

This is another Chrylser embarrassment! It is really a shame as they had a great base to work with and let it all slip away. Now I'm afraid that it would be difficult for Dodge to make it back by even 2014. The engine shop at Penske's let everyone go and it takes a lot of skilled people to make all of the engines for even one team for a whole season. And then it would be in a new shop with all new people. In other words don't expect to see Dodge/Mopar back in stock car racing for a loooooooong time.

Does it really matter any more, anyway? I mean there is nothing "stock car" about NASCAR, anymore. It's more like highly legislated Spec car racing, now.

I went from attending 6 to 8 races a year, to watching 2 or 3 a year on TV.

So, anyone heard what's happening in Nationwide and trucks? Will they run a Dodge? How about the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series up here? The CDN series is about 75% Challengers.

They will need someone to build engines & chassis's

Couldn't a team just buy all of Penske's stuff?

Does it really matter any more, anyway? I mean there is nothing "stock car" about NASCAR, anymore. It's more like highly legislated Spec car racing, now.

I went from attending 6 to 8 races a year, to watching 2 or 3 a year on TV.
What Frankie said! NASCAR is a driver popularity race now not brand popularity any more....except at brand-specific forums. I have paid more attention to NASCAR in the last few weeks hoping to see Brad K. win for Dodge since they are leaving Sprint cup. Years ago people didn't care who won as long as they drove your favorite brand. Now you see Dodges and Fords with #24,14,88,20....etc. stickers on them. It's bad when you see a guy at a race wearing a #24 t-shirt fighting with a guy wearing a #88 shirt...they used to be on the same side! Not to mention the identity of the cars is gone and that Toyota has ruined it for some of us older farts.

the only reason i still turn it on is because Brad and Sam jr are out there representing in the only 2 dodges in a sea of brand X manufacturers. to see a Dodge at the top is still a great thing even though stock car racing is not and never will be what it once was.

i would love to see the 48 in the wall this weekend.

the only reason i still turn it on is because Brad and Sam jr are out there representing in the only 2 dodges in a sea of brand X manufacturers. to see a Dodge at the top is still a great thing even though stock car racing is not and never will be what it once was.

Hey 73AbodEE, can I get some lottery numbers from you? Talk about calling that one!

Hey 73AbodEE, can I get some lottery numbers from you? Talk about calling that one!

Yea man , aint that some **** ! wahoo ! lovin every minute :D i see it happening for Brad, Paul and Penske at Homestead this weekend !

Well you got your wish!! Go Brad Keselowski Go Good to see the Dodge name going out on top.

I watched nascar regliously starting in 2001 till about 03 or 04, then quit after I couldn't stand Dickhead Johnson any longer....Haven't watch a full race in a long time. (remember Sterling Marling getting out of his car under a red flag to pull his fender? LOL) I watched the last half of yesterdays race and I was pumped, what great action!!! I will watch the last full race, but thats it. I wish I could get back into it but its always the same teams, same drivers bla bla so boring!!! I am excited to see Brad up there, he seems like a great kid and awesome driver, good too see that!!! Go Brad and go Mopar!!!!!! :prayer:

I tried an experiment for the race. I put my portable tv next to the toilet and then threw a bag of Skittles in the bowl. When the race started I flushed the toilet. They looked very similar, although I think the orange ones were cheating.

I tried an experiment for the race. I put my portable tv next to the toilet and then threw a bag of Skittles in the bowl. When the race started I flushed the toilet. They looked very similar, although I think the orange ones were cheating.

LOL but i bet a blue one was the first one down...

-
Back