Dodge intrepid help please

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
I have a 1995 Dodge intrepid with a check engine light. I went to the parts store to have it checked and there OBDI connector was different then the one in the car. The one in the car i found is inside between the steering column and center console. Blue 2 rows 3 male blades. The guy the counter said there usually under the hood. Is there another one im over looking?

Symptoms: Car starts but dies right away. If i start it and hit the throttle and hold it at say 2k rpm for just a bit it seems to come out of it. Also chugs on the highway intermitten. CEL just came on the other day.
Thanks in advance.. MODS move this if not in right section thank you.

I don't think you really need a code reader for your car. Get yourself a service manual to make sure, but I think the dashboard lights will flash the error codes to you after you've turn the ignition on and off again about three times. For example, two flashes followed by a pause, and then three flashes would be code 023. If the computer is giving you more than one code, it will flash the first one; then there will be a longer pause; and then it will flash the next one, etc.

The blue connector to the left of the column is the transmission controller data link connector. The engine connector should be l/front strut tower.

-
Back