Dodge Nitro

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A neighbor has asked me about changing the spark plugs on her son's Nitro before he heads back to college "today".

Before I offer help, I was wondering if it's an easy "do it in your driveway" repair w/ limited home tools.....or can this be a can of worms?

Thanks for any help you can offer. :happy10:

What motor? If it's the 3.7,it's the same as my Liberty. A 10mm wrench and a 5/8ths spark plug socket with a 6 inch extention.

If it's the single plug version it's pretty easy. If it's the dual plug version a special spark plug socket is needed.

Thank you for the replies jaws and Guitar Jones. :smile:

It's an 07 with a 3.7. I opened the hood and looked for the spark plugs :shock:. I "think" I found them. Geesh, new cars are greek to me LOL.

rite on top under the coil packs. Little 10mm nut holding them on.

rite on top under the coil packs. Little 10mm nut holding them on.

On top is where I think I saw them :???:. Looks like spark plugs under all that electronic stuff. Any chance you have a pic so I'm sure?

It needs plugs already?? How many miles on it?

Thats what I was thinking. Aren't they good for 30k or more?

Manual says 30K for changing the plugs. I was surprised also and thought it was too early to change them.

I think everything now is supposed to be good for 100K.

Yep, me too, but 30K for this vehicle according to the manual. :scratch:

My 04 Mustang GT has 103k on it and I haven't touched them.

Thx Dave, what I thought too!!

Just trying to help the neighbor, but plugs are not what we normally do.....especially on late model vehicles.

I opened the hood and couldn't find a distributor or the plug wires, so I am really not sure where the plugs are :pale: #-o

Anyone have a pic to confirm the plug location?

Thanks again for your help and replies. I really would like to help them, but don't want to open up the "can of worms" and screw it up.

I wouldnt take any of todays spark plugs past 30K miles in any car. You are only hurting your vehicles performance. They may look ok... but they are not.
We have seen some plugs come out of newer vehicles with only 20K miles and they were shot. There are a lot of factors involved. Its better to replace and be safe. (thats only 9 years working with the "newer" cars talking so maybe I am full of it too ;) )

-RPM

-
Back