Dodge Ram death wobble recall finally

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just recieved my recall after complaints since 2005. You will not believe the Fix and the cost.

Ford steering in a mopar box for $400 dollars. Once you buy that they give you three nuts

also addressed my air bag recal . Put on a 4 year waiting list. what a scam. This death wobble involves trucks from 2003 to 2013 2500 and 3500

I always wondered how the "test drivers" never found the death wobble. I've had in in low
Mile trucks. It's ridiculous.

Scary stuff right there.......

[ame]https://youtu.be/2lg_SyPrW18[/ame]

both of the cummins i've had in the past 15 years, and all of the cummins' a few of my buddy's have had not one of us has had that issue. guess we lucky :finga:

That's what happens when you take short cuts....

Unfortunately the customer suffers....

They have only had 20 years to come up with a fix...have some patience!

i just returned my 2012 Ram 3500 for a buyback recall due to the front end problems! bought a GMC with the money, well, and payments. got 40 grand from ram.

Ten years --- typo??? #-o

Maybe wait until they are antiques to fix them... :violent1:

No typo...had a 98 that did the wobble. I bet if you searched the net it is not the only one that was doing it

No you were right. The 94 though 2002 also had it. The kit also fits these truck if you take 1 inch out of the tie bar.

Wow!! That's hard to believe that it went on for so long... :violent1:

That kind of **** is why I quit buying Chrysler for daily drivers... I got sick of fighting them to fix/warranty my cars due to their lack of design integrity and/or build/manufacturing short cuts... :finga: :finga: :finga:

Had a 96 Caravan and got a recall notice about some faulty o-rings on the fuel rail that might cause a fire and said we should stop driving the vehicle until repaired. When I called they said they would put me on the list to get the repair parts " as soon as we find someone to make them". Drove it until 2010 without a problem.

Had a 96 Caravan and got a recall notice about some faulty o-rings on the fuel rail that might cause a fire and said we should stop driving the vehicle until repaired. When I called they said they would put me on the list to get the repair parts " as soon as we find someone to make them". Drove it until 2010 without a problem.

Every fuel rail was pressure/leak tested before going on an engine...

Sometimes the o-rings would roll, but we would catch it in air test...

Unless there was a problem with the o-rings breaking down when exposed to fuel...

Every fuel rail was pressure/leak tested before going on an engine...

Sometimes the o-rings would roll, but we would catch it in air test...

Unless there was a problem with the o-rings breaking down when exposed to fuel...

That might have been the case....long time ago CRS kicking in..:) Never repaired it and they never failed is all I know.

Op id look at rough country and buy a set of dual steering stabilizers

Check out this video
[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmP8kefje6w[/ame]

I've had a '99, '03 and now two '14's and a '15. Never had a death wobble experience. Weird.

I do have a stack of recalls for the trucks, mostly for air bag crap. One potential bracket problem on my diesel.

We always fixed that wobble with new steering stabilizers.

I remember doing both of these when I worked at the Dealership. I worked there from 1990-2009, so I saw a lot of recalls. lol The Dakota upper ball joint recall was a money maker. I had it down to 20 minutes to do both joints.

The picture above has the t bar suspension which can accept dual stabilizers . Mine has a y bar system. This system is a no go and we tried, Does not work.

Those who come to our shop know I have had and still have more than one Deisel Ram. We threw everything at this truck over the years. Steering stabilizers, Frame to frame brace with dual pitman arm bearings. Poly bushings. different alignments . Toe out helps but kills tires in 2000 miles

My friend bragged about his 08 never having it. Until the day came and it took him right off of the road. He could not believe how bad it gets. I have this truck since new 2005 been fighting it since 2007. Just can't go over 65 and your good. Look the death wobble up on Youtube, Mopar denies it exsists when you call but their recall mentions it as a severe problem on all Rams .

Just checked that video above that is a ford. This is the steering bars you get from mopar for the recall but you have to pay for them. I wish mine would only have that little shake. I could deal with that.

-
Back