Dodge trying to shoehorn again.

-
I have the SRT-4 Caliber and they should take that engine and put it in the Dart with AWD!

My DD is a 2dr Jeep Wrangler with 3.73 gears 6 spd and the new 3.6 pentastar. It gets 17 in town and about 20 mpg on the highway with 35" tires. It has lots of power running 0 to 60 in about 6 sec and 15 flat in the 1/4. Put this motor with AWD in the light dart, manual trans tuned more towards the 300+ hp charger tune and it would be a blast. Here is the cheaper lighter option we have been looking for. My 2011 R/T 6spd 3.92 gear track pack Challenger that I traded for my Jeep was definitely not that car.

Attachments

• jk front.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 102
I don't care if Fodge / Diat / puts a hemi in the damn things, I won't be buyin one!!

My Wife's daily driver is the 2012 Chrysler 200 with the 3.6.
Fully loaded, every option that is known to exist in that year.
We usually drive it to our cabin that is 200 miles away over a mountain pass.
34.5 mpg loaded full to the windows with cabin stuff.
And the ~300hp runs it out like a sexually assaulted monkey.
And BTW. Took it to the track last fall.
[email protected] mph with the A/C on and the Stereo Screaming!
Makes for a fine DD in my book.

What is the "backstory" on that engine? Is it related to the 4.7 V8? IE where did it come from, what's it related to?

We can get 30 mpg with the 3.6 in our minivan at 65-70mph. We had a whole tank of 28.5 mpg hand calculated from Missoula Montana to Seattle which is 3 mountain passes. It is a great motor. I can't wait to see how it does in the new 2017's with 9 speeds, better aerodynamics, and 300 less pounds to carry around. As far as this thread, both the Dart and the 200 are dead
http://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...eeps-rams-under-new-production-plan/79393200/

Well if they do a v6 in them hope they covert it to rwd. Had a 91 I think duster with a 3.0l v6 and it impressive to say the least, a real pain to work on, also had a 04 srt4 and that wasn't as hard to work on, much rather dodge bring back the srt4. Maybe make a 2.6l turbo hell why not make a 3.0l inline 4 and slap a turbo on it, be a easy mid 300hp

Well here it is 3 years later the dart is being killed off, guess it just fizzled as a car.....

-
Back