Dodge unveils 2010 Viper Final Edition

-

mopar340dave

Reaction score
Mopar is going to build and sell special final edition vipers to commemorate the final year of the viper in it's present form. Looks great to me!

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2010/04/dodge-unveils-2010-viper-final-edition
The venerable 8.4-liter (510 cu. in.) V-10 engine remains the heart of the 2010 Dodge Viper SRT10. With 600 horsepower and 560 lb.-ft. of torque, benchmark performance numbers, (including 0-60 mph in less than 4 seconds, quarter-mile time in the mid 11-second range, 0-100-0 mph in 11 seconds flat and a top speed of 202 mph) continue to prove how the serious, race-inspired, street-legal two-seater performs without apology.
=P~

486e9c1a.jpg

It's too bad ther are only going to be a total of 50 of these. This build of 50 Final Edition 2010 Dodge Vipers includes all three model configurations for the first time – 20 Coupes, 18 Roadsters and 12 ACRs. Geez ... I wonder if any "Regular Joes" will end up with one.

They are not stopping the Viper line...it's just the last of this bodied Viper.

The middle class can't afford any Viper except the little ones on the shelf at Wal-mart! LOL

I'd give just about anything to have one of those in the garage. But I think the best I'll be able to do is have a diecast version on a shelf. Sure hope someone makes a 1:18 version of the coupe or the ACR.

Sorry never liked the viper..600 h.p. and it only goes mid 11's:dontknow::dontknow: whats the price on these selds...

They never did much for me either.

I'd rather have an old school muscle car., although that one above does look pretty sweet.

Sorry never liked the viper..600 h.p. and it only goes mid 11's:dontknow::dontknow: whats the price on these selds...

Wow... what does impress you....600hp 11's and all the while passing all the shitty EPA rules for fuel,saftey...... 8)

I'd give just about anything to have one of those in the garage. But I think the best I'll be able to do is have a diecast version on a shelf. Sure hope someone makes a 1:18 version of the coupe or the ACR.

Ken, if you would settle for a GT2, it's yours. I can bring it down to the show.

IMG_2427.jpg

Wow... what does impress you....600hp 11's and all the while passing all the shitty EPA rules for fuel,saftey...... 8)

Not that sled thats for sure,big deal ONLY 11's with 510 c.i.'s and 600 h.p...

Not that sled thats for sure,big deal ONLY 11's with 510 c.i.'s and 600 h.p...

...and a road-friendly 3.07 rear gear.
0-60 in less than 4 seconds, 11-sec. 1/4-mile, and supercar-distinctive styling from the factory. Great car in my book.
Sorry you're not impressed.

i got to drive a viper for about an hour on highway and curvy roads, best driving hour of my life, you can say you dont like them or not impressed as much as you want, but soon as you sit in one and get going, your mind will change real quick.

I was once at a car show that was chocked full of vintage muscle and a few modern muscle cars. After looking over all of the cars there, the only thing I could think was "boy of all the cars here, I sure would like to drive that Viper". :D :burnout: Discontinuing one model of car is commonplace, it happens all the time with auto companies, I just hope that Chrysler doesn`t go the way of the D0-D0 bird.

They are not stopping the Viper line...it's just the last of this bodied Viper.

The middle class can't afford any Viper except the little ones on the shelf at Wal-mart! LOL

I always did think they should do like chevy with the vet and make a cheep one. Put a 5.7 or 6.1 in it. They would sell a lot more of them.

OK...now hear this....THE VIPER MODEL LINE IS NOT BEING DISCONTINUED....for those of you who did not get that....lol

It would be great if they built a 1/2 price version with 3/4's the performance....

Anyone not impressed has never driven one! Check the performance numbers against the competition! LOL

I love the styling of the present Viper, let`s hope they hit another home run with the next version. I hope they don`t discontinue it, frankly I hope they don`t discontinue the Chrysler Corporation.

Before the current economic mess, there was a Chrysler Corporation with a line of products in the US and no FIAT. I don't think that fact is lost on Turin. Hopefully, the Gen 3 Viper will be able to shop the best in both parts stores.

I'd be happy if they came up with modern versions of the 124 Spider or X1/9 that ran faster than they rusted, with Mopar reliability.

Yup, I was just pointing out that this link does not mean it's the end for the Viper.
They are talking about the "commemerative edtion" of this body style.
Could be they deliberately said it that way to make people yap about it!
I have heard all kinds of stuff....2011 is supposed to be the same body...possibly still selling Vipers in 2011, built in 2011 but called a 2010..wacky, but who knows? Also read that the next Viper may have a V-12! Smaller bore = lower emmisions.... Supposedly, the new Viper is not going to be ready for sale yet... we seem to always have tons of misinformation about Chrysler's new stuff floating around....only time will tell but they would be really stupid to kill it.

I'm partial to the Gen II Vipers. The newer body styles never grew on me.

Hopefully the new car will get some of the roadster muscle car look back.

Here's my 2000 RT/10 with 7000 miles. Great car!

viper.jpg

-
Back