Dodge unveils last super-fast gasoline muscle car, Challenger SRT Demon 170

-
If you have the fundage to do so, go for it! Before charges and fees they're aproximately a cool 97 g's.

The Dealer markup is going to be one for the record books.... The shakers and movers who either want one for the collection or the speculators are going to make very healthy bottom lines for any dealership that has these to sell.....

Bad ride for sure...

JW

A factory 8 second car. For all the bullshit I see in our country today, I gotta say...

Life is kinda cool sometimes.

All I see, is a 15 year old car....with a 15 year newer race engine. They sure milked the hell outta the Charger and Challenger.

All I see, is a 15 year old car....with a 15 year newer race engine. They sure milked the hell outta the Charger and Challenger.

Yup!

But an 8 second engine...

Mopar still builds the baddesst cars on the planet.

Their engine technology is second to no one!! (I may be biased LOL !! )

I should buy one and sit on it for about 5 years. Sell it and retire from the profits.
I have a feeling that's what every buyer will do with these 170s, store them and sit on them. It might work, but in the old days, nobody used to do that with their cars, maybe that's why barn finds of old cars now are so intriguing. Imagine seeing hundreds of new 170s in 30 or 40 years from now.

Bugs were basic transportation. Never meant to be anything more. They were also made for/by 3rd-world countries.
It was a joke. Yes I know the Germans made VW's and they were simple transportations. But they still "milked" the concept for years.

9006AC11-9EE7-4ADF-9072-FDDFEAD4204F.jpeg
Damn it, I was late to the party

View attachment 1716067134Damn it, I was late to the party

There ain't a dealer principle in the country that's going to let one of these go, at least for a little while. Kinda like seeing a Superbird or LRE sitting on a dealer showroom floor well into the '80's.

I heard production numbers are at 3000 USA and 300 Canada, but still, this is a buddies n' family members deal.
Until times get tight and they realize that most of these cars are NIB and they offload 'em to pay the light bill.

I wonder how many of the 2018 Demon's will magically appear out of the dealership basements for sale and the 170 replace them. There's no mark up when you own the dealership...

It wont suprise me a bit to see these cars magically resurrected. Electric cars are not catching on with the general public as the prices are so high people can't afford them.

The hard facts are that the manufacturers are in the business to make money, not to bow to some government's politically generated climate agenda. These cars that Chrysler made are pure "cash cows". Its very hard to lose the profits they generate what with every one produced selling instantly.

If they can't make money making electric cars, they will fall back on ICE vehicles, as GM is doing.

Heres what the head of Toyota has to say. I'm not a lover of Toyota but I agree with his position.

Toyota CEO Says "Silent Majority" Of Auto Industry Is Doubting EV-Only Future | Carscoops

If Auto Manufacturers start losing money, you will see the 2008-2009 Bankruptcy fiasco raise its ugly head and the Government will have to resort to bail outs again.

Remember "Too big to fail" ??

I expect Mopar to fail completely in a couple of years. Dropping anything that people are interested in and by the time they figure out they took the wrong path they won't be able to get back. Maybe they will hang on for a little while clawing and scrambling to keep going but I think the outlook is bleak.

I hope I am wrong, not making a prediction. Just my gut feeling.

I expect Mopar to fail completely in a couple of years. Dropping anything that people are interested in and by the time they figure out they took the wrong path they won't be able to get back. Maybe they will hang on for a little while clawing and scrambling to keep going but I think the outlook is bleak.

I hope I am wrong, not making a prediction. Just my gut feeling.

I hope you are wrong as well.

Ram and Jeep seem to be the only products that are selling reasonably well for them. The SRT product is phenominal and generating huge profits. The rest is junk.

When I saw the 170 moniker I thought it was gonna have a slant six
I know, i was wondering why in the world they added that number...because it sure doesnt bring blistering fast cars to mind

I know, i was wondering why in the world they added that number...because it sure doesnt bring blistering fast cars to mind
Sound like the most basic car package you could order

-
Back