Dodge Viper Return Confirmed for 2012

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
From the May 2011 issue of Mopar Muscle:

"The Dodge Viper will be back for 2012, Ma Mopar confirmed and The Detroit News reported in early December.
Dodge brand boss Ralph Gilles said that the company's top brass has greenlighted the project, research and development work is underway, and a model-year 2012 debut is the plan.
The News also quoted Gilles as saying that the Viper will retain its rear-drive configuration. but will be all new - and won't share any Ferrari or Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione components (contrary to prior reports).
But Alfa is on the new Viper project - in the area of vehicle dynamics. "We will use their expertise to open the performance envelope in the Viper," Gilles to The News. "Fiat (and Alfa) has an awesome ability to tune cars. I want the new Viper to be a more forgiving car to drive and accessible to more people. We've never had stability control on a high-performance car, which is about to happen on the new car."

This may be old news to some of you, but this is the first I heard about it so thought I'd share the good word.

Thanks Tony.It took 5 years and I did all but the final smoothing and paint. I think it turned out pretty nice. It's won a couple of shows but more importantly it runs high 10's through the mufflers. And with only 373's in the rear its good to cruise in except its a bit hard on gas.LOL..

Attachments

• P7110058.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 138
Cuda20...I really like the stance of your car. What size tires are you using? Heck...I'd rather have your car than a new 2012 viper!

-
Back