does anybody make a coffemaker worth a damn!

-

mtandrews

beware the Ides of March
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've went thru 3 different coffeemakers in a friggin' year! One B&D, one Mr. Coffee (the WORST!) and one Hamilton Beach. My dumb@$$ threw away the box and stuff to the one month old B&D last week and this morning it took a dump. It lights up when you hit the Start button but nothing happens. I'm sick of this Made in China crap and it's starting to boil over but we (the consumer) are hog-tied. I don't want to pay $200+ for a restaurant style maker to crowd up my kitchen counter for a few cups of usage a day but man, what's a bloke to do????

I always get one from the dollar store. Like Dollar General

I don't know if this helps, but we bought an Oster about a year ago and it still seems to be doing well. It's made in China, I hate that part, but I couldn't find anything (practical/affordable) either at the time we bought it. I console myself with the fact that I am not going through caffeine withdrawals, or having to go to Starbuck$, and I didn't buy it at Wallyworld.

G-E brings good things to life:yawinkle:
Mine have lasted years n years

great we have to find what n means....i didnt think i signed up for algebra lol

i have one i had for over 10 years sitting in the garage not being used...still works like a champ.

I have been using a Cusinart similar to this one every day for the last 10 years. Still going strong...

41HIEpRSRDL._SS360_.jpg

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DCC-1100BK-12-Cup-Programmable-Coffeemaker/dp/B000N22JPE/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1309628749&sr=8-9"]$56 on Amazon.com[/ame]

great we have to find what n means....i didnt think i signed up for algebra lol

i have one i had for over 10 years sitting in the garage not being used...still works like a champ.

Try using the quadratic equation.

There was a show on Discovery a while back called Factory City. In a nutshell it's like 15,000 people living in and working in a factory in China.. They make appliances.. most brands, most models. Really nice to know :p

Grant

My wife gave me a Bunn about ten years ago, and it's still working fine.

We killed a few before we figured out what we were doing wrong.
Once in a while we would toss another cup of water in the tank rather than go ahead and start another pot. Next time its turned on the heating element is no longer with us..

I bought one of these for a friend for Christmas 5 years ago. She loves it and it's still going strong.

http://www.cabelas.com/kitchen-elec...-958E-DF11-A0C8-002219318F67&mr:referralID=NA

I have been using a Cusinart similar to this one every day for the last 10 years. Still going strong...

41HIEpRSRDL._SS360_.jpg

$56 on Amazon.com
I think I'm gonna try to score one of these if Wally World won't look up my purchase via the Plastic I bought this POS with a few weeks ago...

Yep.......Mama and Folgers instant !!!! :coffee2:
I'm a coffee snob[-(, the Bean Gods would come and get me if I drank instant! LOL!!!

Use nothing but the BUNN, you get a pot of hot coffee in 3 min or less. Have used them for the last 15 years. Only had to replace it once.
You can get them at WM for less than 100 bucks.

I've used a cheap Mr Coffee model for many years. I clean it with vinegar at least once a year. I've tried the Bunn model that uses you last fill of water to brew but I don't want the same amount every day. My Mother-in-law has one and as long as you fill the same amount of water each time it works good.

Zojirushi Fresh Brew, check it out online.

We went back to pressing coffee, with no plans on turning back, so ours is just sitting around in the pantry. That damn thing makes the best drip coffee, hands down, this side of a single brew rig. Built to last too.

My wife has been itching for me to make room in the pantry... Got something Mopar to trade?

KEURIG

http://www.epinions.com/reviews/Keur...Coffee_Machine

Best cup of coffee I have ever had..We've had ours for about a year now, and I love it.

It produces a repeateable, delicious cup of coffee EACH and EVERY TIME.

Makes all of our other coffe makers obsolete (IMHO)

I'll second that! Fresh cup everytime, I love ours so much I can't drink anything else anymore

Oh, and the missus just told me that according to the ABC News special "Made in America", there are no personal home coffee makers made in the United States.

KEURIG

28836755-177x150-0-0.jpg

http://www.epinions.com/reviews/Keurig_Special_Edition_B60_Brewer_Coffee_Machine

Best cup of coffee I have ever had..We've had ours for about a year now, and I love it.

-

KEURIG

http://www.epinions.com/reviews/Keur...Coffee_Machine

I'll second that! Fresh cup everytime, I love ours so much I can't drink anything else anymore

X 3.. i don't drink the crap but jamie has one, mom and my brother and sister have one. they love them and no problems with any of them.

Cuisinart DGB-550 Coffee Maker, Grind & Brew 12-Cup
Had it 6yrs and love it.

Attachments

• cuisinart.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 282
-
Back