Does anyone know how many 1968 Barracuda 340 formula s fastbacks were produced?

-

FASTEDDIE1960

Reaction score
trying to find production numbers on my 1968 Barracuda fastback 340 formula s..
does anyone have any idea?
thanks much

That's a rare car!
thanks, that is what i am thinking as well it has p.s. p.b. and A/C so pretty highly options as well and it has 13,000 actual original miles. Needed a water pump and i went ahead to do the timing chain as well and it is perfect Double row chain and Factory numbers on the gear..Amazing

thanks, that is what i am thinking as well it has p.s. p.b. and A/C so pretty highly options as well and it has 13,000 actual original miles. Needed a water pump and i went ahead to do the timing chain as well and it is perfect Double row chain and Factory numbers on the gear..Amazing
Is it red? Post a picture of it.

Is it red? Post a picture of it.
no it was originally Beige from the factory and the guy who had it before me painted it copper...I have yet to find anything that is not factory on it...still has the original hoses on it. i checked the numbers and it is 100% numbers matching....wish there was a way to find out how many with these options and color were built....still has the original hubacps that i found in the trunk

1968 cuda 31.jpg

no it was originally Beige from the factory and the guy who had it before me painted it copper...I have yet to find anything that is not factory on it...still has the original hoses on it. i checked the numbers and it is 100% numbers matching....wish there was a way to find out how many with these options and color were built....still has the original hubacps that i found in the trunk

View attachment 1716285561
ok I recall seeing this for sale I think. Pretty good size hole in the front passenger floor.

View attachment 1716285561

Do you have pictures of the engine compartment?

Untouched original motor with original hose would make a great reference for those restoring their cars to original.

Great looking car! Thanks for posting it. Did they paint engine room or leave it alone?

Did all of the 1968 formula S cars have the rocker trim originally?

i'l
Great looking car! Thanks for posting it. Did they paint engine room or leave it alone?

l get some photos it was partially painted

No. There were two types, and they were extra cost as stand alone options or part of a package. The "Custom Sill Moldings" (gills and spears) were included in a Spring Special package.

*Edit-
Here's an advertisement for a special package in which they were included on the notchback, but not the convertible or fastback.
68-cuda-equipment-5-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

No, the rocker trim (gills and spear) were optional.

-
Back