does anyone knows this header?

-

alex_borges_br

Reaction score
Hi,
I intend to buy a stainlles header to my 318 engine. I found this one in ebay (attached pictures). Do anyone know if it fits all right?
I'm worried about spaces betewen header and brake boostor spark plugs (drver side)

ebay seller says "[FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans serif]Replaces factory manifolds and connects to OEM y-pipe"

any suggestion?
[/FONT]

Attachments

• header1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 241
  • header2.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 230
  • header3.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 227
  • headers.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 241
yes.. anounce says

"Rx Racing Dodge Dakota / Durango / Ram 5.2L / 5.9L Stainless Steel Racing Headers"

but as engine block have the same size and ports, I was wondering use them in my 318 LA engine (dodge dart similar to 68/69 usa model)

Magnum Truck Header???

Looks like Ram/Dakota/Grand Cherokee "shorty" headers. So the only Y-pipe that would work would be one for those applications, most likely placing the exhaust on the passenger side. Also they would be best suited for straight line use only (as you probably wouldn't be able to keep your steering column or gearbox).

looks like truck stuff to me. what is your intended application?

I intend to use in my La 318 engine.. first reason.. standar headers crap.. second reason.. stainles stell looks really nice

Resize%20of%20DSC06203.JPG
Resize%20of%20DSC06207.JPG
attachment.php

Definitely.
They are the same as what's on my 360 magnum Ram although mine aren't stainless.
Can get some pics of them in my Ram if you like but it won't be for a week or so till I get back home from work.

Hi ... pictures wiill be nice. thanks alex

hummm bad news .. don't intend to chave steering column or Z bar clutch system

Looks like Ram/Dakota/Grand Cherokee "shorty" headers. So the only Y-pipe that would work would be one for those applications, most likely placing the exhaust on the passenger side. Also they would be best suited for straight line use only (as you probably wouldn't be able to keep your steering column or gearbox).

Yea man, that's a hot topic around here. Unless you want to spend some major change on some tti's just keep those pretty manifolds you have in the pics.

I intend to use in my La 318 engine.. first reason.. standar headers crap.. second reason.. stainles stell looks really nice

do yourself a favor and just buy dougs or tti headers if you want headers..

Yea man, that's a hot topic around here. Unless you want to spend some major change on some tti's just keep those pretty manifolds you have in the pics.

original headers are bad choice to me. They have small inner diameter.. bad format.

They also have two major problem on driver side. too short space between then and steering box and Z bar.

Concludng, I think original headers do not have a good performance.

From headers to the end of exhaust, I will use stainlles steel tubes with 2 1/4 inner diameter with H between them. Perhapes I will use a cherry bom like muffler. All exahust system will ends just before rear axle

may be a crazy configuration, but I think wiill work nice.. with a really nice sound wich can be comfortable to long travels

Original header???? are you talking about the manifolds??? There has been ten thousand header questions just on this forum. It hard to pull off cheap headers on a A-body Mopar. Your best best, Like abodyjoe said is some dougs or tti's. Get ready to drop 500'ish on them though.

sure, sorry for my bad mistake.. original mopar are manifolds

Original header???? are you talking about the manifolds??? There has been ten thousand header questions just on this forum. It hard to pull off cheap headers on a A-body Mopar. Your best best, Like abodyjoe said is some dougs or tti's. Get ready to drop 500'ish on them though.

-
Back