Does denting your headers cause a loss of power?

-
That's awesome! Makes me feel a lot better about my old fender well headers!! Anybody want to buy a "modified" set of hooker super comps for a big block a body?!

That's awesome! Makes me feel a lot better about my old fender well headers!! Anybody want to buy a "modified" set of hooker super comps for a big block a body?!

No thanks... when I built my first big-block A-body around '83, those Hookers were about the only option! Don't know if the Hedman B-body units existed then (but nobody knew about them, and no Internet to spread information).
Anyway the Hooker fenderwells were a real hit: They hit the tires. They hit the ground. They hit the body... and that was with a 383. I swapped to a 440 later and the fit was even worse.

Good to know because I had to dent my headers to clear both the idler arm and my 1.03" torsion bars. It hurt me to have to dent them. :(

I hear ya! You figure after 40 years they would get it some what right. Not horribly wrong!

LMAO. And to think, I stressed out about making a small dent for my steering box.

Yes small indentations are fine I'm sure..but those losers smashed the **** out of them..BIG difference..

Yes small indentations are fine I'm sure..but those losers smashed the **** out of them..BIG difference..
I dont have a clue who you are but given the choice i would rather listen to the advice of those two "losers" than any advice that you might have to offer. Just my humble opinion.

I think that test was quite awsome showing that we dont have to be so picky about some things but i also somehow get the idea that that particular engine just may not be very sensitive to headerrestriction try the same things on a different engine and you might find bigger changes or atleast some kind of change.

I dont have a clue who you are but given the choice i would rather listen to the advice of those two "losers" than any advice that you might have to offer. Just my humble opinion.

I think that test was quite awsome showing that we dont have to be so picky about some things but i also somehow get the idea that that particular engine just may not be very sensitive to headerrestriction try the same things on a different engine and you might find bigger changes or atleast some kind of change.

Ya what ever..believe what you want:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think he is right. While no one in there right mind would dent headers that much on purpose for there car, it did show that dents for fitment is one thing and if such, not bad one, as everyone was always so happy to point out and bash you on such BIG hp loss on that tiny dent.

I think he is right. While no one in there right mind would dent headers that much on purpose for there car, it did show that dents for fitment is one thing and if such, not bad one, as everyone was always so happy to point out and bash you on such BIG hp loss on that tiny dent.

Ya and you like "plastic carbs":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And aluminum ones, and green ones, and multiple ones.....

-
Back