Does Mopar Perf still even make a crate engine ?

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
The MP brand is so weak now. It’s fender flares for Jeeps and chrome lug nuts for Chrysler 300’s it seems. Do they still even make a Smallblock crate engine? Sad. I miss direction connection and all of the parts and support they had.

They make lots of small block crate engines. Do some searching and you will see.

Are they still made, or have they been on the shelf for years?

Isn't the 392 being offered?

I see that all the time.

Isn't the 392 being offered?

I see that all the time.

I am unsure Mopar Performance has a thing to do with that. I think it is simply "available" through Chrysler, like any other parts. I could be mistaken. It's happened a time or two before.

They make lots of small block crate engines. Do some searching and you will see.

Please please please link it..... post a link from Mopar’s Website showing Smallblock crate engines. Their website is a ***** to find parts. You can eventually find “classic” or the “restoration “ section. Show me the link though.

The only engines I can find in stock on a few websites like Summit, MoparPartsGiant, or MoparOnlinePerformance are the stroked short blocks and a drag pak 5.9.

P5153909 Block, Short Assembly, 4.040" Bore, 4.000" Stroke, 410 "LA", Stroker 340
P5153910 Block, Short Assembly, 4.185" Bore, 4.000" Stroke, 440 "LA", Stroker 340
P5155197 Engine Assembly, 5.9L, Package Car Service Part

Mopar Performance P5153526
Mopar Performance P5153526 Crate Engine Assembly, 340, Six Pack, 330 hp, Dodge, Plymouth, Each $10,895.97
DCC-5153526_ml.jpg

Seems as if they just outsource it all now. Their crate engines were so hit or miss. Back when they had the 360/380hp they had some real issues. I figured they gave up on the engine biz. I helped a buddy install an LA 380hp crate and we couldn’t ever get oil pressure priming it. Pulled it out and let the dealer “ crack the seal” on the engine. The dealer popped the oil pan and there were no crank bearings! Only a front and rear bearing. Pretty sad. I forget who was contracted to build them in that time. Around 1996?

Seems as if they just outsource it all now. Their crate engines were so hit or miss. Back when they had the 360/380hp they had some real issues. I figured they gave up on the engine biz. I helped a buddy install an LA 380hp crate and we couldn’t ever get oil pressure priming it. Pulled it out and let the dealer “ crack the seal” on the engine. The dealer popped the oil pan and there were no crank bearings! Only a front and rear bearing. Pretty sad. I forget who was contracted to build them in that time. Around 1996?

I think it was Cummins at that time.

Engine%20ID.jpg

Last edited:
The only engines I can find in stock on a few websites like Summit, MoparPartsGiant, or MoparOnlinePerformance are the stroked short blocks and a drag pak 5.9.

P5153909 Block, Short Assembly, 4.040" Bore, 4.000" Stroke, 410 "LA", Stroker 340
P5153910 Block, Short Assembly, 4.185" Bore, 4.000" Stroke, 440 "LA", Stroker 340
P5155197 Engine Assembly, 5.9L, Package Car Service Part
You can order those, but you'll never get them.

-
Back