Does this prove David Vizard's 128 lsa formula ?

-
See, there you you go again, blinded by your own rage.
Humble people do not profess their humility.

I'm sorry that your heart cannot accept any truth but your own date-stamped pictures.
My job is not to prove my innocence.
Your job is to prove me a liar.
Your opinion is not a truth.
Everything you quoted about me is true.
Except I have no need to be the smart one. If it happens so what. If you pay attention, you will see that when I have been wrong, I have apologized.
I offer help, without condemnation. I am a helper, an assistant, a coworker, a fellow worker, a workmate, teammate, helpmate.
I tell what I have done, what worked, what didn't, and so on; Twenty five years with the same combo.. If you do not agree with it, then it's on you to say so at the time you read it., and then we can talk it out. Since I already did it, what I have said cannot be argued with. But I can give you a step-by-step, and then you can go do it, and afterwards you can come back to the table and tell me who is full of crap.
Stop your mud-slinging. It's unbecoming to a man of your age and history.

I think I know what's bugging you but you won't say it here; and I won't press the point.
My intention was never to make you feel something that you didn't want to feel. That happened for lack of understanding, and I already apologized for it. Forgive me and move on.
Rage. Now that's funny. I don't waste rage on anything or anyone. No, you don't offer help with no condemnation. When someone challenges something you say, you go on and on about how they aren't "living right" and how you are a much "better" Christian" and on and on and on. THAT'S the lack of humility I speak of, yet you're so blind, you don't see it. You assume you're way to believe is the only way there is and guess what? It's not. It is for YOU and that's where it ends. Yet, you do it every single time. I'm not the only one who sees you for what you are. Many members have messaged me agreeing with my view. Forgive you? There's nothing to forgive. You've not wronged me, because I won't let you. I feel sorry for some of the members you've given bad and wrong advice to, though as they think you know it all when in fact, none of us do. So my advice to you is keep your trap shut about me and you do the moving on. Thanks. Oh and I have you on ignore, but this is the last I'll reply to you. So say whatever you like. I know how you adore having the last word anyway. So feel free.

Last edited:
Below is a test that was done loooooooooooong before 128 came to be a conversation piece, identical cams, 106,108,110 LSA tested.

View attachment 1716308523
Thanks for posting,

I don't think this table is great evidence that tighter LSAs will makes more power or accelerate the car more quickly. This is because the testing was not done fairly. This is not uncommon. It is hard, time consuming, and costly to do so. This will generally not happen in an article for a magazine. Also, they usually over simplify for the largest audiance interest. The details they often leave out can important.

First, take any motor and increase the cranking pressure and it will make more power. To be a fair test, the compression ratio for the 110 LSA cam should have been increased to match the 180 psi.

Second, the average hp under the shift-to-shift recovery rpm is the most meaningful. In the table, we don't know what the lower rpm is for the average through 7000 rpm. It could be well below the shift recovery rpm. The hp below the shift recovery rpm will favor the smaller LSA cam and will increase the avgerage, but will not representative of WOT operating range.

Finally, calculating the average hp to only peak hp rpm will always favor the smaller LSA cam. Hp above the peak hp will generally favor the larger LSA cam. We need to see the hp data to at least 7600 rpm, maybe 8000 and determine the best average for the shift/shift recovery rpm range for each cam LSA.

I don't know what the results would be if these items were addressed in the testing, but the average hp would certainly be much closer between the the three LSAs.

I never have looked at it like "one LSA will make more power than another". I've always been of the mind that a tight LSA does one thing and a wide one does another. I don't necessarily think one is better. They are different and do different things. Get on any dyno sim and all things equal, the wide LSA usually comes in sooner with bottom end torque and has a flatter torque curve. Kinda like what stock cams do for street cars. The 340 for example had a 114 LSA. The big block Road Runner cam if I remember, had a 115 LSA. I've never seen a slow 340 or 440 Super Commando. So to me, different separations are good for different things.

Thanks for posting,

I don't think this table is great evidence that tighter LSAs will makes more power or accelerate the car more quickly. This is because the testing was not done fairly. This is not uncommon. It is hard, time consuming, and costly to do so. This will generally not happen in an article for a magazine. Also, they usually over simplify for the largest audiance interest. The details they often leave out can important.

First, take any motor and increase the cranking pressure and it will make more power. To be a fair test, the compression ratio for the 110 LSA cam should have been increased to match the 180 psi.

Second, the average hp under the shift-to-shift recovery rpm is the most meaningful. In the table, we don't know what the lower rpm is for the average through 7000 rpm. It could be well below the shift recovery rpm. The hp below the shift recovery rpm will favor the smaller LSA cam and will increase the avgerage, but will not representative of WOT operating range.

Finally, calculating the average hp to only peak hp rpm will always favor the smaller LSA cam. Hp above the peak hp will generally favor the larger LSA cam. We need to see the hp data to at least 7600 rpm, maybe 8000 and determine the best average for the shift/shift recovery rpm range for each cam LSA.

I don't know what the results would be if these items were addressed in the testing, but the average hp would certainly be much closer between the the three LSAs.

What is interesting is the math I’m using for cam timing doesn’t ask for air flow or valve size.

-
Back