DOES YOUR NEIGHBOR ALWAYS WANT TO BORROW SOMETHING?

-
No he never does, but I'm fixing to go over to his house later today and borrow his 12 string to do a song in church with. I need something with some more depth to it besides my trusty Fender 6 string.

Last edited:
I went to borrow my 30 foot ladder back after 6 months......My neighbour had built a storage rack for it in his garage. Now I just borrow it from him when I need it.......Sure beats storing it!

IMG_3957.png

I trust my neighbor/friend with my backhoe. Even gave him his own key to it. He treats it like he owns it and he is a fanatical owner.

On the other hand, loaned my little brother my chainsaw. He filled the gas tank with bar oil and destroyed it. He just returned it and never fessed up.

This has been hanging in my garage for years. I've had too many neighbors and friends return borrowed tools or machines in worse condition than when they left. Pops always taught me that when you borrow something, return it in better condition than when you received it.
IMG_3806.JPG

I dont loan anything out. It disturbs me when you loan something out then its your responsibility to make them bring it back.

Last edited:
I find neighbors much more respectful. It's family/friends.

I have a pet peeve about tools. My kids and friends know this. Yet every year I'm missing counts. I'll give my coat I'm wearing to someone who is cold. But leave my tools out of your thoughts. I spent ALOT of money. That others don't seem to grasp.

-
Back