Does your S/O like your early A-body?

-
i got my wife into the hobby,,,shes owned a few of her own,,,dusters and scamps,,,now we fight over the 66 ragtop,,, i drive it everyday,,and people wave,,ask me questions about the car,,,ask if its for sale,,,its great,,,I;ve had a bunch of mopars and this is my favorite one....now I'm selling my 440 stepside so I can buy my son his first mopar

MVC-003S.JPG

HA, mines making her buy the 65 vert 273 auto i found!

she already knows what colour she wants and when i first met her i have a 67. since then we got rid of that and bought my 66.

shes supportive, but 50/50 on insisting we have no money for the car.

im 50/50 on telling her what things actually cost..LoL

When we got engaged I made it clear that tinkering with old cars is my thing and that if this was not acceptable we needed to reconsider the relationship. No problems 18 yrs later ! One of the main considerations in buying our house was the possibility of expanding the garage to 4 cars.

My wife is very tolerant of the hobby cars I own. She knows its my mental health policy relative to problems at work. When I work in the garage I leave behind the crap from work and immerse myself in the work at hand.

As far as the 66 is concerned I let her test drive it before we bought it, she agreed to get it. She never crabs about anything - I think she'd rather me have a B body or an E body, but that isn't me - at least not now, especially with the prices those things are commanding -

I picked my girlfriend, now wife up in my car for our first date, the second time she rode in it I picked her up from work, and we got into an accident...

site1074.jpg

she helped get it back together... sanding and taping it up for paint....

site1076.jpg

I have other cudas, but she likes this one the best....
she helped me assemble my 360, we did the pistons, rings, bearings, and assembled the long block together.... she actually learned alot about motors that day...

later on we got married and I drove her away in my cuda...
DSC06251.JPG

I cant say she dont support me with my car, and i'd have to go thru her if I ever thought about selling it.... not that I ever would...lol

My wife wasn't too impressed, until she started driving it. We sold he car, and she had to drive the cuda for a month until we got another car for her. She loves it now.

I am not the bread-winner in my household. So I depend on my wife to embrace my passion for Mopars and she shows me support with both $$ and personnal intertest.....Without her I wouldn't have 3 mopars!
I owe alot to her. When I met her I had a '67dart and a '69 Chrysler 300. Now I have a '66 Valiant, a '67 Charger and still the '69. I've gone through a few cars over the past six years and she's enjoyed ridng in all of them. She lets me spend alot of time on them, even though we have 2 small kids.

I married the right woman!
IMG_5249small.jpg

Al.

My GF is in bed with me reading all these posts from you guys and is cracking up. She loves the convertible and the fact that I have this great hobby. Keeps me out of her hair when she needs girl time. Nothing like a chick how loves old cars

MY EX GIRLFRIEND and I were argueing one day and she told me to sell that piece of car. I told her we d have to sell her daughter 1st. She said "its all in pieces doesn t even run" well to make a very long story short we broke up and I was burning the back tires off down her driveway 4 months later with 340 open fenderwells singing at least 6500rpms 20-30 feet later I was pulling out of her driveway and into traffic with the best adrenalin rush of my life. OH yea it was the middle of summer and they were eating dinner with open windows in the house so they had dinner with rubber that night!!!!! BEST DECISION I HAD EVER MADE ! All of us are happy now that she married to my best friend.

my girl loves the duster but hates the fact that it doesn't have a/c in hot and sunny Southern California. I tried to put bucket seats in it but she didn't like it because she wouldn't be able to come sit close like she does with the bench seat....guess so long as she's put before the metal mistress everything is ok! =]

My Girl knew about me working on cars before we got involved. She loves the Darts, the "Red" one much more than the "Blue" one, and insist when she gets out of Nursing school next year that we start looking for a 70 and up model cuda or challenger. (She has expensive taste so I've told her)

She loves them so much, she let me use her truck to go pick up the 74 in san antonio when I bought it, and even rode with me and the puppy (who's name is Cuda) 4 hours to get the car.

Best experience to date is we ran into some unexpected bills and I had to spend some of my own Dog's TPLO surgery money (not Cuda). I told her if I had to I would sell the 74, she damn near cried, and told me she would be extremley upset if I sold the "Red" car, and we need to find another way. Yeah... I'm gonna keep her, she bleeds mopar as much as I do!

darasa1.jpg

darasa2.jpg

Wow, just paid attention to how old this thread is! lol

She loved it.....till the she rode in it with me....ha ha ha I guess the tire smoke and forward motion while sideways scared her a lil.lol

She still rides in it, but it's like...'oh..do we have to?'.... 'then no flooring it, ok??'

we take the kids for cruises, they actually love it.

LMAO....when the 66 cuda came in from Denver...my S/O said it was a "train wreck" rolled her eyes and went back inside her house! I already had several Mopars but had just purchased a seriously cherry tripple black 67 Bonneville Vert 428....(THAT she was OK with)... I bought the cuda to kinda start a bond with her son.....shortly after fetching the vehicle he discovered that girls were made of sugar & spice and that pathetically phony ID could be used to purchase BEER!! Needless to say he wasn't around very much and when he was around he moped and whined to get back to sugar, spice & beer!!! I guess the thrill of re-building your own vehicle and learning what everything does took a back seat to sugar,spice & beer......OH YA and Poker?!?! ... well about a year into the process ( which I was already doing pretty much by myself ) he shows up at her house with an Army recruiter? Turns out...missy sugar & spice was frosting the cake of some guy that her son absolutely despised!! SO while sonney boy was off drinkin beer & playing poker ALL NIGHT LONG....missy sugar & spice got busy with this other kid ( LOL)
SO Sonny was gonna show her what a baddass he was and joined the Army eventually disarming IED's in Iraq!!! ( for that he gets high marks!! for the reason he did that, he is an idiot! Love of country= good show off to a chick = dumbass!) He has my ultimate respect for his service....but experience has taught me ( who did the very same thing) that she does not remember your name 15 mins after you are gone LOLOLOL...ANYWAY
Here I am with this freshly media blasted perfectly clean NO RUST holes anywhere 66 and about 5k in brand new parts & interior and my "helper" has just joined the army?!?!? Needless to say before he joined his lack of enthusiasm in the face of sugar & spice, beer & poker led to more than a few "discussions" between his mom & I. I had funded the whole shooting match trying to teach this kid something and hopefully do some "male bonding" in the process and begin a friendship with him.....might as well asked Larry the cable guy to wear SLEEVES!!!! Further "discussions" regarding her children's behavior and my 66 FOLLY resulted in a parting of the ways ( best thing that ever happened to me LOL) so for the next 5 years I set a course, made plans, and little by little put them into action.... She and I remained friends, it was better that way...and every so often she would launch a JAB...." hows that POS cuda? get anything done yet?".... I let it ride and stayed my course....in Dec of 2010 it was fully assembled and running....ONLY I had made some pretty serious mods from the initial plans made with her son.... Like the entire drive train was re-thunk and re-vamped and swapped out to now include a nicely built 340 with a nicely built 727 and an 8.75 sure grip with 3.55's...nice spunky combo....a few friends jumped in and told me they thought I had something "special" on my hands and that I had done quite a nice job......over the xmas holidays the ex took yet another shot at me & the cuda and asked me if "it would ever be finished" I let it go.....my friends prodded & shoved and told me to submit it to the Detroit Auto Rama....I took the app but never filled it out.....went up to the shop one day to help with rubbing it out for the final time and there were these two guys there that were "eyeballin" my cuda.....after a few jokes and banter, they introduced themselves....one was a local classic appraiser and the other guy was the director of the Detroit Autorama!!! he told me he would love to have my car participate!!!! Holy crap!!!
As a good percentage of you already know I am rarely at a loss for words!! BUT There I was like a deer in the headlights with my mouth hanging open!!! SO I signed up and took her down there last weekend in February which as most mid-westerners know is typically the coldest shitty-est weather known to man...and FEB 2011 was NO exception. TOOK forever to get her clean after the trip down to Cobo hall, but we did it....the last day is judgement day and 15 mins after she took a second place trophy the ex and her kid showed up.......the kid could not look me in the eye and SHE was full of "I knew you would do it" compliments....... DAMN it was SA-WEEEET to watch all those years of JABS turn into CROW and DAMN WAS IT SA-WEET to watch her eat that crow and watch the kid squirm!!!! SO did my "EX" S/O like my 66 Cuda..... not exactly
BUT WHO CARES WHAT SHE LIKES? I GOT THE CAR AND THE TROPHY AND A DATE WITH ONE OF THE SMOKIN HOT RAMA MODELS TO BOOT!!!...WHO STOPPED BY TO PECK MY CHEEK AND WHISPER IN MY EAR JUST AS THE EX WAS WALKIN UP......
DAMN it was good to be me that Sunday!!!...Monday wasn't too bad either if ya get my drift!!!

well i was out working on my new cuda today and my gf came out and said y dont u get a better car like a neon or some thing we can drive now i said wtf is ur deal it f.ing run just fine long story short she dont like the car or my mopar add so i dont know how we are going to make it we have been togather 4 years now and she was ok with the 69 coronet and my 64 plymouth val maybe they were driveing idk what u think will she change her mind after i get the cuda on the streets ?

haha my girl loves my 70 swinger. weve been together for 2 years n wen we 1st started datin i had my 96 dakota. man she was pissed wen i sold it, an i now regret it. but shes told me the only way i cud ever get rid of my 70 is if i sold it for $10k (its a beater project worth no where near that) or traded it for a B or E body. i got her into muscle cars. she has a 66 mustang. before you cry foul, her dream car is a plum crazy 70 hemi cuda, which i know is true cuz i took her to a car show an she spotted 1 an has told me numerous times how she cant wait for me to build her one!

expensive taste? maybe, but its good anyway. she loves wen i speak car, an enjoys wen i rattle on forever about what i wanna do with my 70 an what other cars i wanna get.

Nothin better than a cruisin round in my 70 with her sittin in the center of the bench with my arm round her, laughin at tuners n dreamin of the future small block under the hood!

My wife of 10 years (together 19) is very supportive of my hobbies! But thats where it ends,she doesn't get to involved once in a while she'll make a pass though the garage to see what I'm working on and maybe ask a few questions but thats it.I also think thats why are relations is great she wont pretend to have interest in what I'm doing because we both know she doesn't. And likewise with her i support anything she does but would never get so involved in her hobbies. I like man stuff she like girl stuff lol I couldn't have a better wife!!

Mine saw all the friends come by and oooh and awwe at the car and I think all the compliments make her proud. She likes it but doesnt want to drive it. Too crudely fast. Oh sorry thats my b body. She loves her 69 bcuda and tells everyone about it. And we are just getting started.

I bought my wife her own car,it was her valentine days present, she has a Blue 64 Valiant more door called Matilda and it is her daily driver.....and she fell in love with my car before she fell in love with me....:toothy3:

My wife hates the my 73 duster she wouldnt admit it but she was happy when I sold it. 6 years later when I found it drained the bank account and drove 2400 miles to get it she gave up. I dont ask her if I can buy something for the car she doesnt ask doesnt ask how its going My kids like it. Where still married though.

My husband had better like the '65 Dart...he's the one who bought it. ha!

Carmen isn't too excited about the 65 Valiant, but she doesn't mind it. What she LOVES though, is the 65 Fargo W300, which drives and rides like a tractor, and she loves my 76 Hiboy. She also is excited for the Dart to be finished, now that she can see how much money and time I've put into it. She loves going to car shows, and loves when I teach her things. She always asks questions to learn, and points out old cars on the road. Even when we travel, her dad gets excited and says 'Ooh, are you taking the Valiant??'

I thought she had given up. I like the 67-69 Valiants and Darts. She thinks my daughters 63 Valiant is cute. I showed her a 62 Valiant which she really liked!!(most people have strong reactions to these cars-positive or negative) but her favorite is an early fish as long as it is "shiny".

It's how we met. I was in my 64 Valiant and he was driving a 50 Chrysler. We went to the same party were I was asking who drove the 50 Chrysler and he was asking who knew it was a 50? That was 22 years ago.

I've owned mine 3 years now and she has rode in it 4 times. She still gets mad when I work on it and I am not in doing dishes or cleaning house. LOL
toolmanmike
Mike I am in the same boat EVERYTHING comes b4 the car....she told me everytime she looks at my car she thinks about all the remodleing we haven't done so I can have my car just the way I want it........funny how I have had my car longer than her, Bought my duster in 1980, didnt get married till 1985.....sheeesh

-
Back