dog just passed away

-
i too am fond of the apbt, and am staffs. i rescue all mine, no bred puppies. but do get them young if you do adopt. they have the ability to be great dogs. mine are another example.

DSC00255 (Small).JPG

DSC00273 (Small).JPG

DSC00510 (Small).JPG

I'm telling you man, once you go Border Collie you never go back. :toothy7: Either way, as long as you get a dog that fits your lifestyle and needs, it's all good. I just love the herding breeds especially the Border Collie, the only dog I will ever get. However, if I would ever go away from a BC it would be a Catahoula. Now those are also very cool dogs.

they are some beutiful dog you guys have I had an apbt a while ago, I loved that dog he was always happy. But they are expensive when you get one new

they are some beutiful dog you guys have I had an apbt a while ago, I loved that dog he was always happy. But they are expensive when you get one new

around here, they are overbred. that's why i choose to rescue mine from the shelters. i'm already preapproved at the berkeley animal shelter for all pits. they screen people to make sure that they go to a good home and not back to fighting or abusive homes. i guess in an area that has a bunch of mistreated pits and a section of town known as "dogtown" where they used to fight them, i'm making a statement that these dogs can be great pets and not just what you hear from the media. i use alot of techniques and ideas from cesar milan, since he has "daddy", a big well behaved pitbull. he really understands that these dogs have a ton of potential, but also have a ton of perserverence, determination, and fearlessness. i like the fact that he thinks and responds like a pack leader and not like a human. some people think he is silly, but to each their own.

around here, they are overbred. that's why i choose to rescue mine from the shelters. i'm already preapproved at the berkeley animal shelter for all pits. they screen people to make sure that they go to a good home and not back to fighting or abusive homes. i guess in an area that has a bunch of mistreated pits and a section of town known as "dogtown" where they used to fight them, i'm making a statement that these dogs can be great pets and not just what you hear from the media. i use alot of techniques and ideas from cesar milan, since he has "daddy", a big well behaved pitbull. he really understands that these dogs have a ton of potential, but also have a ton of perserverence, determination, and fearlessness. i like the fact that he thinks and responds like a pack leader and not like a human. some people think he is silly, but to each their own.

Yeah I`m in the Newport News the home of Michael Vick. Dog fighting using pit bulls around here is very prevalent. The owners of the dogs use Dalmatians to train their fighting dogs to be more aggressive and tenacious. (Dalmatians are known to never back down) It makes me ill to see what these people put dogs through for their own demented entertainment. I love my dog Dexter and although his years are many and his time is getting closer I do what I can to give him the best quality of life. He`s been my constant loyal companion for 16 years...............better than what you can say for many people.

IM000882 (Small).JPG

the only way to get one around here is to get a puppy at a really high premium. If any of them get "rescued" they just put them to sleep and they dont adopt them out becuase rolling them is to common around here. Also you need a special licence to own them and in the city you need an evin more expensive licence and certain parts of the city they do not allow them.

here's my favorite picture of our little buddy it's how I want to remember him
happy and healthy. hope picture comes trough.

sparey3 013.jpg

man I just read this whole thread... 1st let me say I'm sorry for ur loss... I had a boxer (Damon) pass on me suddenly 2yrs ago... I was truly broke up about it... worse than when some family member died!.... anyways I already had a female boxer so I felt she was lonely.... 1wk later I bouth Pete another boxer.... I couldn't be happier w/my choice to get another....Pete is twon now and AMy is 4... Pete is way bigger than AMy
100_0668.jpg

peteamy.jpg

funnydogs.jpg

peteandamysleeping.jpg

pete.jpg

amyoncouch.jpg

100_0974.jpg

Sorry for your loss. It's one of the toughest things I have ever dealt with myself. Dogs are great.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

We had a full bred beagle, Herman,
who died in my arms. I know some day
we will be with all the animals we've loss.

Check with your insurance company and
find out about the dangerous dog list.
We have a G. S. She would not hurt a
fly. But we pay extra on our house
insurance because they are on the list.

man I just read this whole thread... 1st let me say I'm sorry for ur loss... I had a boxer (Damon) pass on me suddenly 2yrs ago... I was truly broke up about it... worse than when some family member died!.... anyways I already had a female boxer so I felt she was lonely.... 1wk later I bouth Pete another boxer.... I couldn't be happier w/my choice to get another....Pete is twon now and AMy is 4... Pete is way bigger than AMy
100_0668.jpg

peteamy.jpg

funnydogs.jpg

peteandamysleeping.jpg

pete.jpg

amyoncouch.jpg

100_0974.jpg

my wife want's a boxer really bad cuz she had one when she was yonger im not apposed I just want a good dog im even willing to try a breed i'v never had.

It's always tough to loose a family pet and friend. I've owned and raised Labs since 1961, and I still have a good cry when I loose or have to put one down.

These are two sisters from a litter 3 years ago, and Josey, on the left is about to have her first litter of pups.

And voila!!

P1070019 (Small).JPG

P1160002 (Small).JPG

Everyone has posted some really good looking pets here! I'll agree on the Sheltie... great dogs and a modest size. But man do they shed! The Border Collie is another great choice. They are AMAZING at the agility trials in obedience competition. Incredibly intelligent. The APBT is a great pet, but too much potential for BIG (and biased...) trouble. I think Steve using them as shop dogs is good, but I'd think twice around children. The possibility of SERIOUS injuries are too much at risk. Great dogs, can be trained easily... but if they snap and attack (in self defense or protection) they can F you up in a heartbeat. Shepard's are a favorite of mine, but I still think Mutts rule.

Truth be known, the dog will pick YOU when you two meet. And all you dog owners know what I mean....

yup, I love my boxers... very good dogs.... they are great w/kids and can endure the hair pulling and biting of a 2 yr old w/ease......lol...... it really doesn't matter the breed. Its all about owner responsibility... Big dogs are great but n matter what u have to treat them and other around u like anything could happen... I fulling trust me w/anyone around my dogs.... however theres no way I would ever tell some one to go in my back yard w/out me there.

hey dartcustom

been there many many times.

jacks(jackrussells) are usually very smart.sometimes to a fault.

i got my first one at 12(1976)

there has been at least one in my immediate family ever since.

but be prepared for a full time dog .

and you are in the heart of jack country.

the national headquarters is here in lutherville.and they hold the nats in aberdeen every oct.

type in jackrussell on the net and one of the first sites you find will be the national site

you can do all kinds of reading.

and get linked with reputable breeders.

they also have a link to a rescue site dedicated to them all over the country

good luck and find the right dog for you and your family.

dogs26.jpg

dogs 018.jpg

-
Back