Dog Patch USA

-

John Morrow

Mopars and Harleys
Reaction score
While on Vacation ..... going through Arkansas headed to Indiana, ..... we drove up Highway 7 going to Mystic Caverns and drove past what looked like a little community all deserted and overgrown, found out at the Caverns it was DOG PATCH, USA.
. Just wondered if anybody ever went to it when it was up an going?

Looked like a cool place in its time on the You-Tube vids.
............ it was kinda sad to see it all just rotting away:angry7:

I have never been there, But I think my brother that lived with my father his whole life did 8)
My vactions back when I moved here in 77 was a trip up to Illinois to viset my mother or in Memphis for some live music or NHRA racing :cheers:
Six flags or Branson Mo. is where my brother takes his family these days
I have herd of Dog Patch USA. But did not know it was shut down:read2:

Thanks for the reply, It just had our interest cause it looks so strange just setting there...empty and run down.
That was our first time ever being in Arkansas, It is really awesome country, we were in the Ozark National Forest, for a night and a day. Stayed near Russellville, my wife like's to camp, we do a lot of camping at National and state parks, I believe this was Lake Dardanelle State Park, she picked it out on the map once we got to the Forrest.
We were camping at Mesa Verde Nat. Park in Colorado, near Durango, but my mom was with us and she said it was too cold ( 53 in the morning's) so we headed south and east, and Arkansas was what we headed for.

I am with you on the camping out :happy10: I do it all the time even in my yard here on the hill :-D
I enjoy watching mother nature here and see what is going on here at night
You would love Petit Jean Mountain I have fished in a few tournaments on lake Dardanelle :happy10:It a great place for camping and enjoying the country side there =P~
It is getting close to my camping season now 8)
I am so glad you got to enjoy the natural state TB3.:cheers::cheers:

Here is my 6 day's on Petit Jean Mountain :happy10: Look up this on the internet and see why I go there almost every year :-D

Been to Dog Patch...it was a Hillbilly Six Flags...Little Abner...comic book theme kind of place. It was a really neat place.

Memike:Wow that is a nice place, Ill have to add that to my Favorite list so we can look into visiting there. Ill show my wife...... she will be ready to go!!! :cheers:
TexasDart: I looked it up on line, the Little Abner...comic book theme kind of place is how they described it too. Said they wanted to compete with Disney World. Two many hands involved ...and a couple bad seasons, cause its demise, they said. :angry7:

I've been to Dog Patch. It was YEARS ago! I was a kid. Had a blast as I remember. My grandparents owned a house on Bull Shoals Lake. Ahhhhh the memories!

I use to go to Lake Fork almost every other weekend back in the late 60s and early 70s...beautiful lake.

I( live about 15 miles from Dogpatch. Its a shame... Shut down & in shambles all over financial & legal problems.

Kerry

kdalters..... that area you live in is beautiful!!!! NOT saying the rest of Arkansas is not......just haven't been there....yet. :-D
Ya it was very strange, just driving along looking at the scenery, when all the sudden we see what looked to be a deserted little town...... it was weird. Then to find out what it was, we were pretty interested. :read2:

-
Back