Dolphin gauges- good/bad???

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Just wondering because I ordered some along with the 18 circuit harness from EZwiring.

I'll let you know when I get them in I guess. LOL!

How did these work out for you?
Got a buddy who just installed some in his '70 Ford pickup. Now I'm wondering about them b/c my gauges need help. May just replace 'em.

Somebody has to be first. Tell us your review when you get them installed.

I used them on my '36 Dodge Humpback Panel Delivery several years ago. Easy to install and worked great. Bought mine at a swap meet from a guy that changed his mind and went digital on his street rod.

drvrinterior.jpg

drvrside2.jpg

I was talking to my buddy about them and he said the only thing he doesn't like is that you have to use their sending units or the gauges won't work. What do you do when a sending unit goes bad? Can you find replacements? Also, the fittings are odd sized so adapters are needed.

Wow, this is an old post.

Here's some progress pics.

Hey, you can get spare sending units from EZ wiring, that's where I bought the gauges when I got my wiring.
The only thing I do not like about the gauges is the back-lighting, it is not very bright so you may want to install brighter bulbs than the ones they give you, but I don't do much driving at night and it's really not a bother when I do, just not as bright as I would like.

benchtest.jpg

11.jpg

3.jpg

I matched up a speedo cable at the auto parts store as I was worried I would not find a cable that would work, but they had one, about 12 inches too long but it works just fine.

The last pic does not do the interior justice but after looking at it I sure do need new pedal pads.

IMHO, I wouldn't use anything but Autometer or VDO. Even Stewart-Warner sucks now!

Well, I can attest that these gauges have not given me one lick of trouble yet other than not being very bright at night.
I really like the quad gauge that replaced the factory one.

I just sold a rig that I had run both the Dolphin gauges and the EZ wiring in. 6 years, 8K miles, no problems.

I have their complete set along with the ez wiring in my 71 Demon.No problems with either.I did change the fuel gauge to an auto meter (which matches pretty well) because I didn't want to mess with redoing the sending unit.I was pretty impressed with the harness very well marked and easy to install.I have the gauges in a rocky mountain dash

-
Back