Dome not lit when driver door open.

-

72Valiant4Door

Trouble Maker
Reaction score
Even though my key buzzer works, my dome light does not come on when the drivers door is open. My dome does come on when any of the other doors are open though.

What could this be?

If all the other doors light the dome light when opened, common sense should tell you the door jamb switch for the driver's door is no good or the wiring from that switch to the dome light has a problem....that is all it can be

Thank you for your signature.

...And response.

I am assuming since the door jamb switch is working for the key buzzer, that it is the wiring from the light to the switch... if anyone knows where the wiring diagrams for this nonsense are, lemme know.

If all the other doors light the dome light when opened, common sense should tell you the door jamb switch for the driver's door is no good or the wiring from that switch to the dome light has a problem....that is all it can be

X2, switch, wire off or wire to ground is bad.
The switch just grounds the ciruit when the door is opened on the single wire switches.

Same problem..... on the drivers door, I removed the 3 position door jam switch.
I tied all three conductors together and connected them to one of the switch terminals. I then hooked a grounded wire to the next terminal on the door jam switch. The third terminal on the switch is not used.

I know it does not make much sense but this is what fixed it.

switch the switch with one from another door that will confirm what has been said.

X2, switch, wire off or wire to ground is bad.
The switch just grounds the ciruit when the door is opened on the single wire switches.

I think it is suppose to ground the circuit thru the D connector on the light switch. That is if you get a good ground to your cluster

I think it is suppose to ground the circuit thru the D connector on the light switch. That is if you get a good ground to your cluster

It does, but that isn't what makes the light come on when you open the door.
Not on the Dart I have anyway, as both my door jamb switches are single connection (one wire) and all they do is ground the wire connected to them to the body.

Or the bulb itself is bad...... I know, I know. Simple and some may think smart ***, but it is still in the loop.

It does, but that isn't what makes the light come on when you open the door.
Not on the Dart I have anyway, as both my door jamb switches are single connection (one wire) and all they do is ground the wire connected to them to the body.

What year is your Dart? I will see if I have the schematic

-
Back