DON’T BE FOOLED!

-
I would imagine a trick flow ported the same as the bloomers, would perform pretty much the same.

Well, remember, the original Bloomer heads that flopped a few years ago ran a port developed by Brett Miller.
These new ones have a port developed entirely by Vic Bloomer, with zero outside help. He had nothing to do with the originals.
You would think if someone could do a head that could even get remotely close to this head, they would have already.
It’s why bought mine way back when, when only a couple sets were sold at that point and only one guy I knew of had been down the track with them
I knew what Vic was capable of. Just watching his car run was plenty of proof, even if I didn’t know his background.
If someone else can make 700 horse with a production style head, I will heartily congratulate them.

I think that these are really good heads based on what the members that have them and what their cars run. I would love to try them but already having trickflow's already it's hard to drop another 3k to buy them. I don't know if the rocker pads were corrected compared to the SM heads or not but the SM head need a b3 kit to be correct.
I bought a 060 shim from Mancini Racing to move my sweep pattern out a little. The pattern is perfect now.

I never had any luck with the Wallace thing. So what does it show for HP if you run 10.00 @ 3000lbs. Thanks.

If anyone needs any real world information. I've had these heads on my AMX for 3 or 4 years. With these heads, stock block and off the shelf parts you can make a reliable 650 to 680 hp. Our AMX is living proof of it.
Do you have a AMC motor or a small blk. Mopar?

Well, remember, the original Bloomer heads that flopped a few years ago ran a port developed by Brett Miller.
These new ones have a port developed entirely by Vic Bloomer, with zero outside help. He had nothing to do with the originals.
You would think if someone could do a head that could even get remotely close to this head, they would have already.
It’s why bought mine way back when, when only a couple sets were sold at that point and only one guy I knew of had been down the track with them
I knew what Vic was capable of. Just watching his car run was plenty of proof, even if I didn’t know his background.
If someone else can make 700 horse with a production style head, I will heartily congratulate them.
You have to give vic a lot of credit, the heads definitely perform above there architecture. I have personally considered the trick flows somewhat of a under performer, but I'd like to personally port a set and see what's possible.

I know it’s been a while but, things sometimes take waaaaay longer than expected and I didn’t want to show back up without real world results. I feel like the flow numbers thing is an issue that I get questions about all the time so, let me explain my side of things. And, please understand, I’m not trying to step on anyone’s toes or shame anyone else for where they’re at with their program. If manufacturers or someone else claims big flow numbers without actual track results or telling the combination, wouldn’t you be a little skeptical???? I would like to think that we all know flow numbers are relative to the bench. I understand the idea of buying something and feeling good about the money spent and then being disappointed in the outcome (I’ve been there) I’m no different than any of you when it come to that. Some of you may know the previous issues (1set) that I sold to a member here and it wasn’t up to my expectations. When that happened. I made no bones about making it right and pushing forward with something better. Since then, we’ve spent a lot of time on R&D and back and forth. I now feel more than confident to tell people about our updated program. My brother (Vic) and myself have worked together on this and are just trying to bring something better to the small block Mopar community. We both have 40+ hour regular jobs but,have always been into the idea of making SBM’s run. Anyway, enough about that, how about some actual back to back comparisons… This is a direct comparison between a Trickflow 190 cnc head and ours. The only difference was that I convinced the owner to not mill the heads to 60 cc’s because it wasn’t needed to pick the car up. After some discussion he settled on 65 cc’s based on what I already knew about both heads. He ended up with 3/4 of a point less compression (previously12.36 now 11.66) .This is a 422” run of the mill street/strip car that weighs 2985 lbs and uses a flat tappet Hughes 264°/268° @ .050” cam, victor 340 intake and a 4150 carb. With a small converter adjustment I think the et will get even better. The car picked up over 3 tenths but, the real story is where it matters and that would be the 5 mph increase. Weight of the car and mph are real indications of horsepower, not flow numbers!! I truly believe that we have the best standard port SBM head out there. This isn’t an anomaly, We have other cars out there that have shown to be pretty sporty as well and I will post them as time allows. View attachment 1716317509View attachment 1716317510

Did I miss something? How do you get these? How much? If I search BPE heads all that comes up is a shop in California. Any details about vlaves, guides, springs? or is that a custom thing and they come bare?

Also I saw you designed these for a 400+ inch engine, how would they do on a 360? I don't really need or want a stroker currently.

EDIT: I found this on Facebook, I'm assuming this is the old version?

Last edited:
Is there an offset rocker version?
I don't think there's a offset rocker version at this time. They tried one a few years ago and didn't like the results.

Last edited:
What rockers are you using?
We use the Hughes 1.6 rocker arms. I was very hesitant at first and was going to change them. But Rod Bloomer talked me into keeping them. It was a good decision. They have worked flawlessly for my application.

It’s a small block Mopar. It’s actually the dyno mule they used to run these heads on when developing them. This was done at BES. Then Vic Terry the AMX owner bought the motor.
We made a few very minor changes to the engine. We put a Crower 31409 camshaft in it . We switched it over to alcohol fuel. We switched over to stainless steel rings, we thought that they would be more durable with the alcohol fuel. And added a vacuum pump.

Did I miss something? How do you get these? How much? If I search BPE heads all that comes up is a shop in California. Any details about vlaves, guides, springs? or is that a custom thing and they come bare?

Also I saw you designed these for a 400+ inch engine, how would they do on a 360? I don't really need or want a stroker currently.

EDIT: I found this on Facebook, I'm assuming this is the old version?

Yes, the ad is old and was back when I originally released these heads. This is a completely different animal so to speak. As for how well they work on a 360, I can't think of anyone that has done it at this point but, I can't keep up with everyone's builds either. I don't have any reason to believe they wouldn't work very well but, I don't have any track results to prove that either. You can PM me here or on my personal facebook page.

Thanks,
Rod

You could just put a little epoxy on the floor for the 360.

It’s a 200cc head. No reason a stock stroke 340/360 wouldn’t work perfectly fine with these heads.
Guys have run W2/W5 stuff on stock stroke motors. Remember when those heads were developed, that’s what most everybody ran was stock stroke stuff, until the advent of 3.79 cranks.

Yes, the ad is old and was back when I originally released these heads. This is a completely different animal so to speak. As for how well they work on a 360, I can't think of anyone that has done it at this point but, I can't keep up with everyone's builds either. I don't have any reason to believe they wouldn't work very well but, I don't have any track results to prove that either. You can PM me here or on my personal facebook page.

Thanks,
Rod
Make us a BPE aluminum slant 6 head. I'll take out a loan. lol

Make us a BPE aluminum slant 6 head. I'll take out a loan. lol
Sure. Oops, this one doesn't have any cooling passages. Oh and it fits a John Deere.

radar.jpg

radar2.jpg

-
Back