Don' need no steekin' ball joint socket, LOL

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Some angle scrap, couple of 5/16 bolts in the corners, chuck of flat across the top, and an old rusty socket, LOL

Attachments

• _MG_6333.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 589
  • _MG_6334.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 563

??GULP?? LOL??

big%20gulp.jpg

lol seems like a lot of work for a relatively cheap socket. But hey if it works!

nice del,i like it. and 39.00 is not cheap for a tool you dont use often....

I'm curious to know, has it actually been used yet?

It's one thing to make something that fits a new part as shown. Applied torque is something altogether different.

I'm curious to know, has it actually been used yet?

It's one thing to make something that fits a new part as shown. Applied torque is something altogether different.

This isn't a mission critical doorknob tool for the space station, LOL

Just got done "rippin" an old joint out of an A arm. Since it's off the car, most difficult job is holding the blasted A arm. They don't like vises!!!!

I use an old section of frame rail, held in the vise, then secure arm with adjuster hardware.

The other was a slip in to a trailer receiver with a vertical rod. Slip the arm on rod and remove.

Built one as well for a BBJ, didn't work well as I didn't think it through. Might make a new one. Pretty cool little piece Del.

I've gotten lucky with mine. The machine shop near me happens to have a socket and the guy who owns/runs the place is good enough to let me borrow it on rare occasions.

I used a BIG BOY 24" Cresent for UCA Balljoints..........I guess in a pickle thats a nifty setup.

I used old aluminum Motorcycle HandleBar Clamps for a Torsion Bar remover once!!!!

mother of...

I have been trying to remove it with a pickle fork
replacing the spindle

-
Back