Done with the brakes, almost....

-

Revhendo

Master ACME Tech
Reaction score
OK then,
I just got my Valiant back from the alignment shop. This pup is a hoot to drive now. I redid the front end with poly bushings, added 73-76 A body control arms and the dreaded "B" body spindles. For braked I went with the big rotors and pin type calipers. Out back is a late Duster 8.25 with 11X2" drums. For a master, I ordered up a 75 Duster master for manual disc brakes and am using an adjustable prop valve. (There is also a T-bar and spring upgrade, but this is the brake thread...)
Performance? It is a world of difference from the manual 9 inch drums that were on it. This puppy stops quick, there pedal effort is light and very easy to modulate. It made a car that was a tad edgy to drive fun again.
The only trouble I have at this point is a weird howl (low key) from the right rear drum on the last foot of a stop. That, and the e-brake cable on the same side seems to stick a bit. The problems could be related, they are both used parts and the drum was a bit out of round when I turned it. No biggy, the bulk of the work is done and this is just dialing in stuff. I wouldn't be any fun if everything went smooth and perfect right out of the gate...

Rev

I have pics, but I have to figure out how to downsize them to post here.
Dang hi-tech stuff.....

OK, let's see if this works

valiant23.JPG

-
Back