Dont know were im going in the hobbie anymore:

-
I decided to keep the 70 cuda with the 426 hemi and give myself 5 to 10 years to finish it , And restore the 70 sublime 340 duster and make it a driver , sell the rest

I have a daily driver 06 Kia, 84 Dodge Prospector 1/2 ton, and my 2 mopars (67 n 69 cuda). Lori and I just bought an 08 Rogue thinking it would be good for her as "backup" vehicle in snowy weather.
I like working on the cudas. The other ones....no! I work on them cuz I cant afford a mechanic to work on them. I have quickly learned the difference between "want to" and "have to". I am seriously considering a new 2017 truck and selling everything but the cudas.
I'm too old for this **** and im not even 50 yet

Spent 10 years driving old pick ups and spending the weekends keeping them driving. Last year I broke down and bought 2013 f150 and sold everything besides the dart. It was a good choice.

15327490_10157827127085023_8794119245577129492_n.jpg
17972420_10158518941805023_2836355343098257866_o.jpg
20170309_182201-1.jpg
20170219_231401.jpg
20170801_153135_HDR_Film1.jpg

Yeah a truck is a must for me with home renos parts gathering etc. I'm at the age where I need reliability or a lottery.
Spent 10 years driving old pick ups and spending the weekends keeping them driving. Last year I broke down and bought 2013 f150 and sold everything besides the dart. It was a good choice.

Im 32... Having ran any muscle car in 2 years , having too many projects , getting fed up , font know want i want anymore and thinking about selling everything : 2x 70 dusters 340 , 1x 70 cuda 340 , 426 siamese block stroker 472 assembly , 74 barracuda , too many projects , dont know were to start and nothing really makes me happy in this hobbie anymore : speed cost money and have fast do you wanna go : just want a reliable car to enjoy this and ive fallen into the trap to buy good potiential cars that need to be all restored , 32 and what will drive them in years ? Sold my 76 duster and sold my 74 cuda ( drivers ) regretting ever since.*** seing new muscle cars and see theyre drivers happy and having reliable cars make me freakin jealous and thinking twice to know why im breakin my head to restore old cars that always breaks

I'm 33. I've owned my dart since 1998. It started life as a 318,904,7 1/4. My dad and I worked on it for a couple years getting it road worthy. He had a buddy paint it just before I got my license. when I turned 18 I maxed out 4 credit cards to go fast. Now that I have 3 kids I've spent just as much to make it more street friendly. (had nothing but problems $$$$$$$)

I've got another 1969 dart GT that has a much more solid body but still needs some rust repairs. Lost storage a couple times. sick of moving it. The smart choice would be to put everything from the rusty car into the solid car. The rusty car has too much sentimental value. Plus I'd rather spend time with the kids cruising than doing body work.

If I could start over I would find a junkyard 5.9, intake,cam, 750 holley 727,904,4speed (whatever I had) 8 3/4 3.23's 150 shot for when I needed the rush.
If I blew it up I'd just go find another one.

If you have places to store the cars and don't need the money. Keep them out of sight and mind.

I've also heard of people setting up a raffle to get rid of the car. Sell tickets until you reach your goal price. draw a winner.

Last edited:
I guess growing up in a non-car-oriented family made me very picky about new projects. I've also never had the space for more than 2-3 cars at a time as I currently live at my parents' house in a suburb with a small yard and HOA (annoying). I'm only 26 and I wish I could just drive old Mopars all the time but they just aren't that practical unless it's built for it (mild build, gearing etc. for fuel economy). I was driving the hell out of my Duster until the 360 broke a piston back in February and I haven't had the money to get it running since, so I bought the 1988 Fifth Avenue just to have SOME kind of old Mopar with a V-8 and something more comfy on the highway than my Jeep. Well now life circumstances are such that the Fifth Ave is no longer needed; I'm selling that car, then hopefully if I get this job I'm waiting on an offer for I'm gonna buy my brother's 2005 VW Passat TDI (diesel), that thing rides almost as smooth as my Chrysler on the open road and has lots of fun power with the turbodiesel under the hood, all while getting 30-45 MPG. I can also throw in a chip tune that will add over 30 HP and 70 lb-ft. But most of all, my highest priority now is getting my BABY ('70 Duster) back on the road.

I do hope to be in a position where I can start buying and storing projects but it's also something always in the front of my mind, DON'T BUY A PROJECT WITHOUT A SOLID PLAN. I come across cool Mopars all the time where I think "I could build that into something awesome" but then I remind myself that the Duster needs to get running FIRST. I also have the mindset that if I buy another project, I must commit to finishing it and have a solid plan of how to do so or I tell myself I'll end up with a bunch of non-running projects and feeling overwhelmed and depressed. Just my $.02, hope it helps...? lol

-
Back