Don't sucker yourself in to buying someone else project

-
Finished up the brake lines, bled them and have pedal and with no leaks!

Motor runs, need to weld on a muffler and then I'm going to see about driving this green machine around the block.:D

I'm not really up on these late model 1972 cars and all the safety features they have. Whats up with this annoying door buzzer when the key is in the ignition switch? More importantly how do I disconnect it?

There is a relay on the drivers side up above the kick panel. It controls the horn and door buzzer. Unplug the single wire on top of that relay.... No more buzzer!

There is a relay on the drivers side up above the kick panel. It controls the horn and door buzzer. Unplug the single wire on top of that relay.... No more buzzer!

Got it thanks.

Worked on the car a little today disconnected the buzzer. Going through the lights. The headlights were not working, turns out I forgot to screw down the ground wire easy fix. The side marker lights all needed a little tweaking to get working. the connections seem a little finicky on those they may continue to be a problem. Reverse and tail lights are working. Had to steal the starter relay off the parts car. The neutral safety tab was broken off the one on the Dart preventing the car from starting without a screw driver jump.

Having trouble with the right turn signal/stop light and also the dome light. The dome light I think may just be some unplugged door switches I hope, although it doesn't come on by turning the headlight switch either. The right rear turn/stop light I'm a little stumped on right now. It has no power to the rear bulb. Looks like the wire runs up in to the steering column. Maybe the turn signal switch? Ran out of day light probably play with it more in the morning.

I'll tell you it feels good to be making progress and this deal all coming together.

Cruised out to California Speedway to watch the road course action this weekend. I think I had the only old Mopar out there. Had some younger gal come over and want to take a picture of it. She said it was cute. Lol...

On the street the car is a real hit, gets lots of second looks from other motorist. The $4,000 pro touring look is growing on me. I need to finish up the small detail work remaining, but having fun driving it around.

Attachments

• Dart at California Speedway (Small).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 495
Don't tell anyone what you have in it! I see 15k. Great ride

Looks good. Do you have any trouble with the front tires rubbing when you turn?

I like this! It's turning out nice for a low budget cruiser. I must have missed but I didn't see you post your wheel widths. I would like to see if I can get those under my `68 Dart convert.

Looks good. Do you have any trouble with the front tires rubbing when you turn?

No rubbing

Wheels are 18 X 9 fronts and 18 x 10 Rear. They are late model Bullit Replica wheels for the Mustang. There is a few modifications required to get them to work in this size on the Mopar A bodies, Definitely not a bolt on type deal.

Seems like every single car I have got in the last 5 years has been some project. I swear I fall for every shade tree mechanics shawty patch work.

My most current mistake is a 87 Ramcharger.

Back working on the car today. Welded on the parking brake brackets on the spring relocation boxes and hooked up the brake cables. Also Installed the speedometer cable and hooked it up. Fixed the under dash windshield wiper arm that came off when I installed the electric motor. Bunch of little stupid stuff, but it's nice to get it out of the way and fixed. My list of non working items is getting shorter. Still need to fix the fuel gauge and dome light. Haven't decided on if I'm installing the heater box yet, pretty mild weather here in SoCal. I did block off the fire wall holes for that unit the other day though.

That's exactly what I did!

Bought this Dart shell that was painted and new vinyl top slant 6 car, basically just a shell and interior. Prior owner had started the mini tub and leaf spring relocate. He also had cut out the spare tire well and inner fenders. Spent the last couple weeks putting the back half together. Now just needs a little more welding and seam sealer work and that will be done.

I'm already into this thing to many hours and to much money. Bought a 1974 Valiant for the motor suspension, parts, and everything else.

This car represents a turning point in my life. I'm going with the 18"s wheels. It's going to be a cruiser with the stock 318 out of the Valiant. I cannot break the bank with this P.O.S. So the goal is just to get it together and looking right and make this thing a driver. Depending on how things go I may sell it or keep it. We shall see how it looks and drives.

Going to try and stay under $5,000 on this thing not counting labor. So far we have the following invested.
$1,500 72 Dart rolling chassis
$600 Running 74 Valiant 4 door parts car
$600 Rims
$160 used tires

Guess this is the start of a project thread:-k

Here is some teaser pictures of the work that has been started more pictures as we go.

zhandfull, saw your recent posts on the "Tow loop on the K frame" thread. Nice looking Dart! Do you ever take it to the monthly Legend's car show on Baseline?

65CucaCuda

zhandfull, saw your recent posts on the "Tow loop on the K frame" thread. Nice looking Dart! Do you ever take it to the monthly Legend's car show on Baseline?

65CucaCuda

Baseline and what? I'd be interested in going someday.

Actually, the company that I work for has a warehouse near Baseline and Cherry. I work out of the Long Beach office though.

Baseline and what? I'd be interested in going someday.

Actually, the company that I work for has a warehouse near Baseline and Cherry. I work out of the Long Beach office though.

Baseline and Carnelian in Rancho Cucamonga (8775 Baseline Rd. - [909] 941-8775). The third Saturday afternoon of each month.

65CucaCuda

I have been a few times. It's been years though. Might have to swing by there and see whats new.

Just checked out the pix of the '64 Valiant Signet convertible. Do you have this car? Really nice looking!!

Sold the Convertible Valiant way back in 96. That Valiant and the budget Dart have both been big thumbs up cars driving down the road. Ironically my wife liked both of them too. Neither car is anything special, just decent looking and driving.

-
Back