Don't ya hate it when your "brass" fittings get stuck to a magnet?

-

kittypancake

Reaction score
Yeah...my brass fittings accidentally got stuck to a magnet. I guess it's my own fault. The shop had sets of fittings in little baggies. They had gold and steel gray. I didn't specifically ask if the "goldtone" was brass. Next time I'm bringing a magnet.

Another thing that gripes my tail is for the last ?? years many brass fittings don't take 'Murican wrench sizes. Hell I don't know if they are even metric, other than "accidently."

That's why they invented the crescent wrench for all the inbetweens.

Another thing that gripes my tail is for the last ?? years many brass fittings don't take 'Murican wrench sizes. Hell I don't know if they are even metric, other than "accidently."

Yeah, I had read about that, them using 32nds, like a 11/32 or something like that?

Yeah, I had read about that, them using 32nds, like a 11/32 or something like that?
You misunderstood. It '30 seconds'... If you cant figure out the right wrench in that time, you use an adjustable, vice grips or whatever. :thumbsup:

I've seen some brass bushings stick to magnet because there was fine iron powder in them, but never brass fittings

Have to watch the brass washers for breaklines, a lot of them are coated steel and you have to anneal them for them to seal properly.

-
Back