door alignment

-

Mick Semantel

Reaction score
I put on a rebuilt lower hinge on the drivers door today. It took me about 3 hours to get the door to at least close. I then tried to roll the window up, and it needs to be adjusted even more. The window hits the rear window and doesnt seal all the way. Any body know any tricks or adjustments I can try with out having to take that door off again?

Just leave the hinges (upper/lower) SLIGHTLY loose, close the door all the way. Latched... Adjust from there with door closed. Tighten bolts. Try door. :thumbup:

Much easier, if you have the fender off :)

thanks guys. I think I pretty much have it down. The top hinges where a "bear" to get to. It's nice not having to pick up on the door handle to close it now.

Weld 'm shut, call it the General Lee and sell it for millions........Just kidding. I've been considering pulling my doors to make painting the upper halves a little easier, now I think I'll take a closer look at the hinges and what it takes, they close perfectly now.

Best of luck Mick.

Doing the swap wasn't bad at all. Well, except for the top hinges. The only pain was aligning the door. But it closes good now. Maybe a little fine tuning and it will close better then the factory.

Flatlander said:
I've been considering pulling my doors to make painting the upper halves a little easier, now I think I'll take a closer look at the hinges and what it takes, they close perfectly now.

Best of luck Mick.

Mick.. Quick tip... Make punch marks, on the hinges, door and frame, so you can bolt em right back up where they were.... :thumbup:

HINT!
Door shims help alot if it's out a tad and you need that extra fine adjustment. They come in different thinkness, and their cut like a "U" to slip in behind the lower bolts. :thumbup:

-
Back