Door Glass Adjustment

-

speedyb-cc

speedyb
Reaction score
Is the door glass adjustable?, I need to raise mine up to meet the roof rail weatherstrip. 72 Dart
Thanks and God Bless
Bruce

I'm wondering is door hindge repair the proper route .
Anyway... yes there are adjustable bump stops behind the door panel.

Thanks Redfish the hinges' don't have any play and the doors match up well with the body but both sides need to go up about 1/4 inch. Where is the best place to get the felt runners for the window track?
Bruce

Thanks Redfish the hinges' don't have any play and the doors match up well with the body but both sides need to go up about 1/4 inch. Where is the best place to get the felt runners for the window track?
Bruce

YearOne.com

Boy, are you in for some fun!!!
Those door windows have adjustments nine ways from Sunday. If I recall, they will:
move horizontally front to back
move vertically up or down
tilt top in or top out
pivot front leading edge up/down
pivot rear trailing edge up/down

All this using window mounting bolts at bottom of glass, as well as felt lined adjusters along top edge of door frame. Now, imagine all the combinations you can come up with.

Jerry

Agreed. I wouldn't mess with a lot of adjustments. The bottom stop that keeps the glass from going down inside the door is a ecentric type having a screw driver slot in center of hex nut on the regulater. The upper stop is just an angled piece with a nut though a slotted hole in the door itself.
Door glass repairs and adjustments are easy compaired to quarter glass repairs.

Hey 74 Sport where is Troy TX? Anywhere near me? I really need to get these adjusted the wind noise is BAD both sides.
Thanks for the info
Bruce

Hi, Bruce. Troy is just on the north side of Temple and south of Waco on IH-35. San Marcos is probably 1-1/2 hours south of me.

I wish I were closer so I could lend a hand with the window adjustment. I didn't mean to give the impression that it's such a daunting task, but it does take a little experimenting to figure out what effect it makes when adjusting the bolts, stops, or adjusters. Unfortunately, window adjustment was one thing I could not find in the service manual.

Take your time and make one adjustment at a time, roll the window up and down and take note of the difference in fit. Sometimes, a little adjustment goes a long way so don't get in a hurry.

When you say "felt runners" are you talking about what some call "cat whiskers"? They run along the groove at the inside top of the door? The rubber "window sweeps" run parallel to them along the groove on the outside of the glass. You might check with Harden's Muscle Car World - www.hardensmcw.com

Jerry

I have the door panel off now and am looking at the adjustments. From what I see the window is as far up as it will go, looks like the roof rail weatherstrip needs to be replaced, maybe shrank? Darn rubber, won't last 100 yrs.
The part I was referring to is inside the vertical channel at the front of the door glass/vent frame, the glass gos up and down in it, don't know the correct name.
Do you go to the swap meets in Belton? Maybe we can meet at one this summer.
Thanks for the info
Bruce

-
Back