door glass clips???

-
I used a nylon nut and bolt that I picked up at Lowe's. Also, I go a nylon spacer there, too. I didn't know about Mr. G's (http://www.mrgusa.com) until now. I bookmarked that site. I will be getting other fasteners later. Thanks for the tip CudaChick1968

I used a nylon nut and bolt that I picked up at Lowe's. Also, I go a nylon spacer there, too. I didn't know about Mr. G's (http://www.mrgusa.com) until now. I bookmarked that site. I will be getting other fasteners later. Thanks for the tip CudaChick1968

I got everything a Ace Hardware to fix mine. Nylon nut, bolt, and nylon washers. The washers have a small lip on them that amazingly fit the hole in the glass. Nothing never fits Mopars perfectly... LOL!

Man, talk about timely; I will be hitting this job sometime next month (I hope). What size where those washers? You wouldn't have a part number for them would you? If they have a lip on them they must have been some type of specialized washers.
I think that hole in the glass is 1/2" if I remember correctly. Did you use a 1/2" bolt or a smaller bolt with a sleeve over it?
Many thanks,
C

No but there is a part number I'm assuming. Ace Hardware had the nylon bolts and washers in the same bin so they shouldn't be that hard to find. If you can see in the pics the washers have a extended lip that fits inside the glass on each side. I think this is what you're looking for.

DSC02916.jpg

DSC02917.jpg

Mullinax95, stopped by ACE tonight on my way home. Didn't see the washers you show in your picture. Tomorrow I will take them a pic of your post. What size bolt did you use?
I did find a good selection of nylon bushings, so if I cannot find the washers you used I think I will be able to fab something up. Thank you for this timely post and pics.
One last thing, did you use any type of grease when you assembled them?
C

The bolt is 1 1/4" long, the thread is 3/8", and the bolt head and nut is standard 9/16".

I really don't see that you have to use the washers.... as long as it holds the glass to the window actuator you're fine. I work at a auto glass shop so I had access to some felt type material that I installed between the glass and the metal bracket. You can use anything of that nature just as long as there is no metal to glass contact.

No grease is needed on the nylon just make sure the actuator is clean and greased in the pivot points and gear track.

All the specialty stuff in Ace is in drawers, and the help has no clue. Explore.

I really can't remember exactly where the washers was found. I thought they was with the nylon nuts and bolts but I think the guy did jump around a bit to find the washers. Yeah the best thing to is explore.

-
Back