barracudakid

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
a guy needs a door glass regulator for a 72 scamp
i have one from a 69 barracuda
will it work?

They are one and the same.

They will work on any A body from 1967-1972 that has vent wing windows.

info for myself and others...

Are the regulators the same 2 vs 4 door ?

The passengers side window fell today (70 dart more door)
will look tomorrow to see what happen

Thanks
howard

I think they are.

Judging by the look of the regulators on ebay, they look the same. At least coming from the front doors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-DART-D...-75-76-R-/121190400055?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

You may try and pull the passenger rear door inner panel to see if they just used the same regulator in all 4 doors (per left and right side, of course)

If they were able to put the regulator in the front doors on a 4 door that was used on the 2 door A body, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do it for the rear door, as well.

The scissor mechanism only has to move the window up and down it's full distance. It's arm length is only corresponding to it's swing, against the height of the glass opening on the car's body, so anything within relative height would be the same arm length, meaning they could use it and it looks like they did.

I know they changed the regulator design in '74, but it may even work for the '73 cars. I'd have to look at the '73 Scamp to see if it's the same as the '72 Dart that I've got over here, but I don't doubt it. Chrysler wasn't one to change much.

I know that things like the steering column are the same as as '67+ A body, as on the '72 + pickup trucks.

-
Back