Door hinge bolt question

-

Woodsman341

Reaction score
A question on hinges:

When I got my Dart, the door hinges only had one or two bolts on the pillar side, and on the door side as well. I have rebuilt the hinges and got some hinge bolts from a local friend, but I'm still short. The problem is, I don't know which ones I'm missing. I found a listing on eBay for bolts and downloaded the picture.

Can someone please tell me where the bolts with the large washers go, and where the bolts with the small washers go? Then I can figure out which ones I need to buy.

I do know that each upper hinge gets two smaller bolts on the door side, but that's all I'm certain of.

Picture attached...thanks!

Screenshot_20230610-202836.png

Bolts with large diameter washers bolt the hinge to the body three on each hinge. The others smaller diameter washers bolt the hinge to the door. two on upper hinge three on the lower. Looks to me you have the correct amount of each.

Large diameter washer go to body.

Small to door

Red bolt on from inside the car
Green from outside the car

Upper hinge.
PXL_20230611_044051447~2.jpg

Lower hinge
PXL_20230611_044106047~2.jpg

Bolts with large diameter washers bolt the hinge to the body three on each hinge. The others smaller diameter washers bolt the hinge to the door. two on upper hinge three on the lower. Looks to me you have the correct amount of each.

Thanks!

No, I'm missing some of the smaller ones - that picture is one from eBay. I need to find someone who has a few laying around so I don't have to buy a full set.

Thanks!

Just go to Lowe’s and grab some bolts and washers… they are 3/8-16 and 1 1/4in long.

You’ll spend under 5 bucks. You can also grab the specialty bolts at Lowe’s and I’m sure they have some that are “just like” the fancy eBay mopar ones.

IMG_3475.jpeg

IMG_3474.jpeg

IMG_3477.jpeg

Just go to Lowe’s and grab some bolts and washers… they are 3/8-16 and 1 1/4in long.

You’ll spend under 5 bucks. You can also grab the specialty bolts at Lowe’s and I’m sure they have some that are “just like” the fancy eBay mopar ones.

View attachment 1716101111

View attachment 1716101112

View attachment 1716101113
The factory large washers built on the bolt have a convex dome to prevent the hinges from slipping over time from the weight of the door. I have bolts as I said, PM me your shipping address and a list of what bolts you need. Pay the shipping and a tip when you receive them. Steve

The factory large washers built on the bolt have a convex dome to prevent the hinges from slipping over time from the weight of the door. I have bolts as I said, PM me your shipping address and a list of what bolts you need. Pay the shipping and a tip when you receive them. Steve

I knew those washers were made that way for a reason!

Thanks, Steve, message sent.

I agree factory parts are better, I just got Lowe’s bolts for mock-up of my doors and already ordered factory bolts for final assembly. I was just giving a low cost option.

Doc, no one's knocking you. We all have a bolt or two that is not right.

I found some of the bolt kits that the washers split in half when tightening. Nothing is better the clean good condition original old made in USA bolts

-
Back