Door hinges

-

Buford19

Reaction score
IMG_1161.JPG
Question, are all A body door hinges the same? Will a dart door hinge, fit a barracuda? My 67 barracuda needs a replacement for the right side door. Also what would be the year range that can be interchangeable? Thanks Donnie.

I have had good luck using Year One's pin and bushing kit.

Parts stores carry pin and bushing kits for a few bucks. Easy to do.

Good luck with those, they are universal, it might fit a Chevy type.

No... The ones I am referring to are for mopars. I just did mine and the fit was good.

Napa or Rock Auto can order them for you...

Not the cheesy ones at Oriellys/Pep Boys etc...

The year ones fit my duster fine,
I ordered a set for my challenger also.

The Duster came with a set of the parts store ones, no way I would use them, the bushings were huge, would take up too much metal to work right.

The OEM lower hinge didn't have bushings. The pressure from the detent spring would wear the bushing out quick. There isn't enough surface area anywhere. If you do drill a lower hinge and put these bushing in it, plan to replace them from time to time.
For what its worth... The engineers finally did finger out a cure. The modern detent is a separate mechanism mounted between the 2 hinges. I was going to replace that detent mechanism at the drivers door of my 96 Camry 2 door. Still suffering the sticker shock.

Yes that is all true. Thats why I bought 3 sets.... Just in they are not available in 20 yrs when this set wears out.

-
Back