Door Lock Cylinders Wanted

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure of the year spread on the early stuff. Possibly '63-'66. Thanks!!!

Last year of the large bezel lock cylinders was 65; 66s went to the common small bezels and a correspondingly different size & shape hole. Not sure of the earliest year they were in production. B/C Bodies up through 65 used the same locks as well.

It's not too hard to re-key your own lock cyls if you accumulate enuff old ones to have a pin selection. I re-keyed one on my red Duster and the drivers door on the 68 Dart. Maybe I should post some pics of when I do the passenger door?

you can't do the old style ones in the 64-65 cars as they don't have a removable top like the newer ones do

you can't do the old style ones in the 64-65 cars as they don't have a removable top like the newer ones do

True, the pin cover is not like the later style, but they can be rekeyed! I've done all 4 of my 65s so that they all use the same key for the doors and the same key for the ignition. Just gotta be real careful replacing the pin cover.

That's a difficult and costly lock set to find these days. Occasionally they go by on eBay, or from one of the "usual suspects" in overpriced maybe-you'll-get-it, maybe-it'll-be-as-described NOS parts (such as the outfit in Georgia or the one in Washington). Interchange is '60-'65 A-body plus '62-'65 B-body.

Unless you're building a 100-point trailer queen, I'd simply enlarge the door lock holes and install the easy-to-buy, inexpensive, more-secure, easier-to-rekey '66-up door locks.

The ignition lock cylinder is still easy to buy; it's the same through '68.

I have a used set of the '65 version....concave centers.....with or without the ignition tumbler.

I parted out a 69 A108 van and the door locks visually appeared to be the same as the early A locks . I haven't confirmed if they'll work in an early A,
A100/108's and PU's use a different lock cylinder than the cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back